13: Night time, My time

3/29/15 My spring break is next weekend, I'm planning on hopefully updating then as well. Sorry it's been so long. Happy Birthday to all the birthday people who had birthdays since the last time I updated to now. BTW I did a lot of this chapter off of pure memory since I couldn't watch the episode as I went so if you read any mistakes I apologize.

"Werewolves are hostile creatures; bloodlust can make them stupid and therefore weak. I wish this was stupid." Kate sighed as Maeson looked through a small book Kate had, a small book Kate listed everything she knew about werewolves. "Take it, even if you don't train, knowledge never hurt anyone."

Maeson exhaled sharply as pain from her ankle shot through her body, her leg gave out and she yelped as she fell to the cold hard gravel. "Fuck!" she cursed, laying on the ground for a moment before pulling herself to her feet. She didn't look at her leg, her smooth tan flesh was heavily scraped and pieces of gravel clung to her.

"Go home." Danny caught up to his friend, wincing at her leg. "You know you're not supposed to be running with that ankle- God, you are just like Jackson." Maeson flashed him a snide smile. She looked up at the paling sky, taking deep breaths to calm herself. Her and Jackson were taking a 'break' till he broke up with Lydia. Anger towards the entire situation hadn't come to her till Jackson dropped her off and didn't anything during the ride or even goodbye.

"Seriously, go home." Danny advised.

"I will. Just not till I finish the rest of this lap." Maeson breathed and Danny rolled his eyes, he grabbed Maeson and easily lifted her over his shoulders. "No Danny stop!" Maeson struggled. "Okay, okay!" She kicked and he dropped her onto the grass. "I can't let this ankle get to me." They both glared at each other. "so I'll walk home."

Danny threw his hands up, huffing. "You're more stupid than Jackson, I'm done- I'm calling your dad-"

"No!" Maeson whined, "Stiles is coming to pick me up." Danny stopped, slowly turning. They looked at each other for a moment blankly before Danny smirked. "It's not like that! He has the hots for Lydia. So bye!" She waved him off, looking away but Danny only sighed, picking her up again and walking back to the boys locker room.

"Don't thank me, just go shower." Danny said, pulling his shirt off. It was late, probably the latest he had ever willingly stayed after school, but he knew that someone was up between his two best friends, and he also knew Maeson's modes of coping. One of them being, "Work my ass off till I can't think or feel anything:')". It was better than drinking, Danny mentally noted but he hated seeing her like this, tired and moody all the time. He even missed her corny (stolen from Stiles) jokes she'd pull.

Maeson unwrapped her ankle, her mind blank as she rubbed her throbbing foot tenderly. Her and Danny had become close over the years of training together, Maeson was the first Danny had come out to, which only thickened their friendship. They both mindlessly stripped, not looking at each as they both showered. "Danny." Maeson closed her eyes, her hands hung by her sides as she stood under the shower head.

He hummed in acknowledgement; he squeezed soap into his hands before rubbing his body down. The musky aroma of manliness lingered throughout the room. "Do you," She paused for a moment, thinking of her question. "Do you believe in the supernatural?"

Danny chuckled. "Like ghosts and shit?"

"No." Maeson glanced at him before lathering herself in soap. "I mean like witches, vampires...werewolves?" She tried to sound causal though in some way she felt like she was being deceitful; keeping such a big secret from him but how would she show him proof. All she had was a book that seemed sillier within every page that she read.