19: Touch

A/N : I feel like I should make a playlist for this book. Most of it would consist of Halsey and FKA Twigs, and of course Lana. Here is a pretty nice gif that I found last minute. 

"No, you should go to work, you've already missed 2 days." Maeson rubbed Bobby's back as they hugged. "Sorry I had you so worried till Mom called." She closed her eyes, tears evading them. Bobby held his daughter close, he had been worried- probably more worried that no one had seen her the time she disappeared.

"If you could do me be a favor and not ever do that again- what were you thinking- what was your mother thinking?" He mumbled, his red eyes softened as he pulled his daughter back a few inches. His eyes canned her face, raking across every feature that he missed so much. "Why don't we go out for ice cream!" He smiled, it was an invitation he used to ask her all the time when she was younger.

Maeson chuckled, wiping her cheeks in check for tears. "Dad it's 7:30 in the morning."

Bobby laughed, rolling his eyes, "That's something old people say." He jokingly deadpanned and Maeson laughed. "C'mon lets go, I'm sure nothing is open with it being so early-"

"or that fact that it's February." Maeson added as they stepped into the cold, a light breeze made them both shiver.

Bobby went to lock the door but stopped. glancing at his daughter. "How about you go put some clothes on." He opened the door and Maeson looked down at her outfit, a cute black skater dress with a velvet blazer jacket and black lita boots. "Who the hell are you so dressed up for?"

"I'm going with Allison to her Aunts funeral, thought I would save time by just wearing my cutest black things." Maeson pinched the skirt a little, looking at her outfit but Bobby wasn't impressed. Looking up at him, she realized it and she slumped. "Fine, I'll be right back."

"No legs!" He shouted after her, "And grab your keys and lock the door, it's freezing out here." He gripped his jacket closer to his body before closing the door and going to the car, his eyes lingered on the black car parked next to his. "Good god." He closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again, "oh, we're taking this."

(Forever Long Commercial Break)

"How 'bout that." Bobby and Maeson carefully ate their frozen goodies in the parking lot of the high school. "So frozen yogurt is actually good." He trailed and Maeson laughed.

"Told you so Pops." She giggled, taking another spoonfull of her cotton candy frozen yogurt. "Ugh, in 15 minutes I'm gonna regret all this sugar but this is so good." Bobby nodded but paused, staring off for a moment before grunting. "You okay?"

"I'm fi- ooh god." He closed his eyes tightly, his head aching. "God- damnit." he mustered, his face slowly turning red and Maeson couldn't help but to laugh. "This isn't funny- oh my god." He set his yogurt down and clutched his forehead. "When will the pain enD." Maeson was barely breathing as this point. in silence she had a large grin on her face as she stared at her dad.