4: Saving Jane

"You can't ignore him; you realize that you've been madly in love with him since like the 7th grade right?" Leah sighed, pushing her hair off her shoulder as she dug into her locker. She was informed over a 2 hour phone call from Maeson about the events from the night before. 2 hours of sleep she'd never get back. Maeson had been using her as a shield from Jackson since they arrived at school, and it was honestly getting annoying.

"And you do realize that Danny is gay right?" Maeson had shot back, making Leah's face nose scrunch in distaste. She had a crush on the gay lacrosse player since freshman year, despite his sexual preference.

Turning to Maeson, whose eyes were wearily scanning the hallways, she slammed her locker, clearly irritated. "You know what Maeson, fuck you." Taken back by Leah's choice of words, her mouth opened to defend herself but closed tightly when she saw Jackson approaching, next to him was a smirking Lydia. Turning, Maeson faced the lockers, not realizing how stupid she looked, and how much she had offended her friend. "Whatever Maeson."

"Wait!" Maeson called, but Leah ignored her. "Crap." Jackson's eyes landed on her, they held each other's gaze for a few moments, which went noticed by Lydia. Her pink smirk slowly faded as she looked at Maeson then back at her boyfriend, whose face had been washed over in discomfort. None of them liked the situation, all for different reasons.

"Babe," Lydia rubbed Jackson's muscular arm. "Can you hold my purse?" Lydia asked sweetly, sliding her purse off her arm and into Jackson's, although he hadn't responded. Shooting a glance at Maeson, Lydia confidently smiled at her. Maeson frowned before quickly turning and making her way down the hallway. Pursing his lips together, Jackson looked at the ground before attempting to refocus his attention to his slandering girlfriend.

"Oh it's you." Lydia frowned; the date was cut short after Jackson left. She was taken home by Allison and Scott, and watching them make goo-goo eyes at each other the entire time was worse than messing her makeup up during gym class. But not worse than knowing that her boyfriend skipped out on their date for his whiney best friend.

She had went home and took a bubble bath, trying to ease the frustration out of her body but her continuous checking for calls or texts from Jackson, made the bath a complete fail. "If you're here to apologize, there is nothing you can do to make up for the-" Jackson slammed his lips into her plumb ones, her words dissolved as he pushed himself into her room, kicking the door closed. "Mm Jackson." Lydia wrapped her arms around Jackson's neck.

He was overrun by emotions. Confusion, anger, frustration, anxiety. Emotions he didn't know how to deal with- which was why he was here, tangling himself within Lydia's Italian silk sheets. It had almost become a routine, whenever he felt these emotions. His parent's weren't an option; they weren't even his real parents, just replacements who hardly knew the child they were housing.

He would go to his best friend for these things, to talk, to get the counsel he wanted. But Maeson wasn't an option right now, and it angered him knowing it was his fault. This left Lydia, the girl he (was suppose to) loved the most- because she was his girlfriend, his special girl.

But he knew the only reason why he was here was because of Maeson. Because it hurt him knowing he hurt her. That his 'special girl' had hurt her. And that instead of counseling Maeson, he was here with Lydia. Having sex.

"M-"Jackson caught himself, turning the syllable into a moan. It went unnoticed by Lydia, her eyes closed and pink lips pulled into a smile as he trailed her body with hungry kisses. He couldn't turn back now, but he wanted to.