18: A New Beginning

A/N: Official episode of season two

Maeson breathed heavy as she was thrown onto the matted floor. "Control you're breathing Maeson." She heard her mother's clicking of heels from the tiles surrounding the ring. Her eyes watched Maeson's body, analyzing g her daughters fighting style. "Try to switch it up, don't stick to just boxing." Carolyn advised and Maeson brought her legs up but retracted it, swing herself around and attempting to elbow her opponents neck, but his expertise caught her elbow, barely.

"Stop!" Carolyn called and both froze. "This would have rendered anyone, that was great Maeson. You followed through and it's obvious you've been taking my advice on breathing techniques." The man let go and Maeson pulled back. "Thank you Dominic, you'll see the money on your account by 3 today."

Dominic nodded, her flashed a charming smile to Maeson who smiled back. "I'll be sure to stay in touch, bye Carolyn." Dominic waved as he began to collect his gym back. Maeson watched for a moment before turning back to the direction of her mom, walking to her water bottle.

"What now?" Maeson asked, taking smalls sips of her water. Carolyn grinned, rubbing her hands together.

"The best part..." Carolyn trailed and Maeson began to rock on the balls of her feet. "Shopping."

*

"Alright, I called Bobby." Carolyn pressed her forearms against the car. "I have business to take care of here, but I'll meet you down in there in a few days as a checkup- which you should be expecting those with the predicament you've been dragged into." Maeson smiled, still marveling at the car she'd be driving. It was a beautiful Maserati Quattroporte 2009, she brushed her fingers across the black leather interior in awe.

"Think of this as an early birthday present. In here I will be able to contact you both call and text through here-"Carolyn pointed to a button on the wheel. "You press that for emergencies only." Maeson nodded in understanding. " She sighed, resting her chin on the her forearms.

"Thank you Mom." Maeson smiled, looking at her mom. "For everything, even the hair cut." They shared a laugh, both remembering the faces Maeson made as the stylist had cut her long tresses to her breasts, it gave her hair it's volume back, as well it's thickness. Carolyn was surprised when Maeson had asked for her hair to be lightened, in which the stylist had did beautifully, changing Maeson from a dark brunette to a honey blonde. "You're so beautiful."

"Mom, no sappy goodbyes." Maeson gave a slight smile, exhaling deeply. Carolyn stepped back, wiping the under of her eyes because ducking again to give Maeson a kiss. "I love you Mom." Maeson smiled fully.

"See you in a few weeks baby." Carolyn said humbly, stepping back at Maeson started the ignition. The car purred, waiting to be driven. Maeson took a deep breath as she put the car into drive, slowly she moved out of the garage and on to the street.

"Take a left onto Hastings RD." The car spoke to her and she swallowed, glancing back at her mother through the review mirror. She knew what she had to do; she was going to start over in Beacon Hills, she was going to start over and protect her friends- she was going to protect Jackson (even if it wasn't werewolves who wanted him).

Maeson Finstock was going to get Jackson Whittemore one way or another.