6: Alienate

A/N: 9 more days till school starts for me. I'm so frickin nervous, I moved over the summer and I hardly know anybody here. Anyway, just a few short announcements. I have another Teen Wolf story, Anything Could Happen, if you could check it out I'd love ya'll so much more than what I do (which is a lot.) Secondly, I can't believe I have approximately 1.9k views and I want to thank you guys so much! So the next two chaprers well be sort of a special chapter, introducing three new characters, one you all know and two I made up, so you guys can learn more about Maeson's family.

BTW: This chapter is Magic Bullet, you probably wouldn't have realized it but anyway. Enjoy!

Maeson took a deep breath, smiling as she quietly strolled the hallways of Beacon Hills High. Her smile widened as she spotted Leah's blue hair, beside her Kyla leaned against the lockers, eyes glued to her phone. "Hey!" Maeson quickened her pace only to be faced with scowls. "Where's Taylor?"

Leah snorted and Kyla sighed, "If you weren't so busy with Jackson, you would have realized that Taylor had a celebration party yesterday."

Maeson's eyes darted between both of the girls, brow creased. Her silence only further pissed Leah off, who slammed her locker shut and walked off. Both girls watched before Kyla turned back to Maeson. "She got into the school she wanted." Kyla said blatantly.

"Oh right!" Maeson blurted and Kyla rolled her eyes. "I didn't know she had a party-"

Kyla snorted, adjusting the bag on her shoulder. "Maybe if you'd return some of our calls, you would have known." She said before walking to the waiting bluette, whose glare hardened at Maeson.

Running her hand through her long hair, Maeson bit the inside of her cheek, not wanting to make a scene but wanting to chase after them. Her bright eyes watched as her friends easily slide into another group, making conversation and smiling.

The room began to feel hot but Maeson knew it was just because she was moments away from crying. Her nose itched and her mouth felt dry, but the irritation didn't stop her from staring.

"Hey!" Maeson jumped back as Allison popped into her view. "Maeson right?"

Quickly, Maeson rubbed her nose before smiling softly. "Allison right?" The darker brunette laughed and nodded.

"What's up?"

"Oh nothing. I heard you were gonna sing at the dance and I wanted to congratulate you."

"Thanks!" Maeson smiled, she forgot about the audition, especially since Jackson had kissed her yesterday. The thought of his lips made her smile fuller; a small giggle escaped her throat. Looking back at Allison, who smiled at her smugly.

"You got a date don't you?" Allison asked and Maeson began to shake her head but the Argent laughed mockingly. "Come on, I know what you were just thinking. How did he ask?" Allison pushed and Maeson blushed. The room was feeling hot again but for a different reason. The impossible thought of Jackson asking her out would be better than Jackson kissing her. And almost nothing was better than that kiss.

"No, I just-" Maeson didn't have time to deny, an angry strawberry blonde linked her arm with Allison's, as if marking the dark brunette as hers.

"Lydia." Maeson breathed, she returned back to chewing her cheek. What if she knew? Maeson swallowed, taking a small step back. "Hi."

"Hi." Lydia smiled spuriously. "So I heard you're singing at the dance." Maeson nodded, folding her hands with a meek smile. "Guess that means you can't bring a date then." Lydia added smugly and Maeson nodded again. "That's too bad." Allison looked between the two, raising her eyebrow.