17: A little Redezvous

A/N: Ya'll hit the 30 mark really fast, faster than expected but that's okay. Um, yea. This is the last few episodes to season one but the last chapter to season one of this book... makes sense?

Maeson sighed, she looked at the list Emily had given her. The Winter Dance was days away and now it was time to start buying the decorations needed, since her father was the staff helping the Formal; Maeson took one for the team (just consisting of Bobby and her). So now she was in a local decorative store, comparing prizes. "This is defiantly harder than what Home Makeover makes it seem." She needed to get the perfect hints of blues and whites or she'd be back here again.

Sighing, she turned around to be met with a pair of ice blue eyes, staring at her with a friendly yet brooding gaze. She eyed the older man, noting how fairly attractive he was. Gently pulling her lips up into a smile, she waved and he smiled back.

As quick as the friendly encounter happened, a car passed by in the front of the of the store, the light gleamed off his eyes like mirrors and Maeson paused, taking her eyes away as began to walk out of the aisle in a calm posture. She glanced back at him, gesturing for him to follow, trying copy what she might see on a movie and praying that it was working.

She stopped in the next aisle, she scanned curtains with disinterest, waiting for an indication that someone was in the aisle with her but she stood alone. Sighing, she took a few steps towards the way she had walked in, trying to see the older man but it was no one. "Damni-"Turning, the man stood with his same friendly but monotonous smirk. "Who are you?" She asked and he sort of shrugged, picking up the fine fabric she had dropped.

"You know usually you introduce yourself first." He spoke calmly, his brushed the fabric with his thumbs. "But I guess I already know everything I need to know about you Mae-son." He spaced her name in 2 sharp syllables. She glared, spreading her feet into a strong defensive pose and he laughed, throwing his head back as his shoulders shook. "You think you could f-"

Maeson swung her basket, Peter's smile dropped as he was quick to catch it. Maeson grunted as she slammed her foot into his knee, Peter pursed a smirk he moved his leg back, lodging the bones back into place. "If I were an Omega- or maybe a Beta that could have re-"Maeson let go of her basket, punching Peter in the side of his temple, though it didn't seem to faze him at all. Cursing, she pulled back, clutching her hand. "Your determination is admirable. You remind me of my niece-"

"Shut up old man!" Maeson threw the closest thing to her, which just so happen to be an Easter Basket. Peter caught that as well, but as soon he reached to catch it, Maeson ran from her aisle. She limped as much as she could, not wanting to fuck her ankle up all over again since she was still healing. Running back to the front of the store, she stopped, seeing her basket at the checkout line, but Peter was no where in sight.

"Miss is this your basket?" The cashier looked at her, "A man said a young woman in a black jacket left her basket."

"Did he leave?" Maeson asked and the cashier nodded. Sighing, she reached into her back pocket to get her phone but paused, patting her butt to realize that it wasn't there. Turning, she sped back into the aisles but her phone wasn't there either. "Shit." She cursed, scratching her forehead before turning back and walking to the doors of the store.

"Miss wa-"She ignored him as she jogged to her car, she pried her fingers open the door but gasped as her body was smashed into the door closing it. Bending her arm, she went for a low jab which effectively distracted her attacker. Turning, she raised her fist but stopped, seeing how it was now Derek.

Kate told her about Derek, but it didn't change Maeson's neutral thoughts about him. She knew it wasn't him at the school, she didn't believe he ever killed his sister, Maeson never actually found a reason for Derek to be back in Beacon Hills. "What are you doing here?" She asked and Derek harden his glare at her, the space between them was close but it didn't intimidate her, he never did. "I know you're a werewolf."