14: Old and New Affairs

A/N: And there I added a full episode of Totally Spies cause throwbacks are nice.

"You can't ignore me for being a good mother." Carolyn sighed, she sat in a small chair facing Maeson. Maeson kept her eyes to the window, she watched the clouds slow breeze past. "I don't even understand why your father let you stay after school with that ankle. You know you completely tore your ligament, that might seem small to you bu-"

"Mom." Maeson moved her gaze to Carolyn. "I know I'm under a sedative but that doesn't mean I can't hear you." Carolyn raised her eyebrow, she opened her mouth to respond but Maeson began again. "I'm tired, I chased down and almost killed by some... psycho and the first thing you do is chastise me." Carolyn's face softened. "I'd rather listen you tell me about your day than the many flaws of our family."

Carolyn looked away, readjusting her posture, she sighed. "Everything is fine back in San Diego, sunny and nice. Liam's mother just passed and he is paying respects back in Germany."

Maeson perked up, "You didn't go with him?"

Carolyn chuckled, "Never really got along with the mother of the men whom I dated-" She glanced up at Maeson who chuckled in agreement. Hearing her daughters laugh lightened her heart and she smiled. "I was thinking about it, Germany is nice but when your father called to tell me the news, I knew I couldn't go." Maeson's smile faded and she looked away once again. "I know I may be the worst mother in the world but-"

"You're the only one I got." Maeson murmured, she took small breath, trying to stay casual seeming. But inside, she was screaming. Her resentment of her mother was more of a shell, a wall blocking her from remembering the moments Mother and Daughter had shared together.

"Oh my god!" Carolyn rose, her full lips curled into a smile. "Kate Argent you bitch!" Kate laughed, moving from her lingering spot at the door, she engulfed her friend in a hug. "I haven't seen you in forever!" Allison peered over the two older women, catching Maeson gaze. With a small smile, Allison moved into the room and next to Maeson.

"Well the little town of Beacon Hills was never my place." Kate answered and Carolyn laughed in agreement.

"Is this your daughter?" Carolyn gestured to Allison and Kate threw her head back in laughter before shaking her head.

"Nah, this little babe is my niece." Kate smiled and Allison laughed, pulling one hand from under the jacket she held, she shook hands with Carolyn. "Allison Argent." Allison smiled and Carolyn nodded, shaking her hand. "You're Maeson's mom?" Her eyebrows perched.

Carolyn smiled, "Yes, though she might not have said anything about me." Maeson rolled her eyes but kept quiet. She watched the clouds slowly breeze by, she didn't want to be in the hospital but last night's rendezvous with the Alpha had only damaged her ankle further. Carolyn wanted to make sure Maeson would get the best of help, so she was would be in bed rest till Carolyn's approval.

And Carolyn wasn't planning on letting Maeson leave for some time, maybe not even for the Winter Dance, no matter how much Maeson was going to hate her for that one. Carolyn did it only for the best of intentions.

"How about we let these two catch up while we go get some coffee so we can do some catching up as well?" Carolyn suggested and Kate laughed, nodding. "We'll be back in a few!" Kate's gaze lingered on Maeson, she inspected her for a moment before returning back into her conversation as they left the room.

A silence settled between the girls as Allison wearily stood beside Maeson's hospital bed. "So how are you feeling?" Maeson broke the silence and Allison laughed, sitting in the chair where Carolyn sat moments before.

:Guess I should be asking you that." Allison joked and Maeson gave her a weak smile. "But u,- so how are you?" Allison asked and Maeson shrugged.

"I'm tired of listening to my Mom ramble about my Dad's parenting skills. I'm tired of listening to her tell me how I could have-" Maeson rolled her eyes, throwing her hands up and letting them slap her thighs. "sprained by foot off so bad that my foot would just fall off and that would be the end of the world for her."
Allison laughed, "Well I mean- she cares right?" Maeson gave her a dead look before both girls shared a laugh. "My Mom- well my Dad too is the exact same way. They me seem like the snobby teenage daughter who hates them and I don't want to seem that way-"

"But you are." Maeson finished her sentence and again they laughed. "Allison you've been my first visitor-"

"Well after hearing what had happened, my Aunt practically haunted your Dad down to find out what hospital you where in." Allison's hands twitched as she talked. "I guessed she knew you or something-"

Maeson squinted in thought, remembering Kate saying that she hadn't told Allison about their family heritage. "Yea, I ran into her a few times, you're lucky to have such a cool Aunt." Allison gave a small smile. Allison's dark brown eyes fell to Maeson's cast and she winced. "Maybe your Mom was right- I thought you said you sprained your ankle."

Maeson scowled, "I did. But all that shit from yesterday made me tear my ligament entirely. The Doctor said I could just have it heavily wrapped but my Mom didn't trust that I wouldn't put pressure on it so she got me a cast."The younger girl sighed. Allison dug into her purse, pulling out a Sharpie marker before looking back up at Maeson for approval. "Go ahead." She shrugged.

"Are there any cute Doctors at least?" Allison teased and Maeson chuckled,

"If you like hairy middle aged men who I'm sure my Mom had slept with, then sure. Loads of hotties." Maeson answered and Allison giggled. "How's the weekly drama? How are my two favorite love birds?"

Allison chuckled sarcastically. "Oh you mean Lydia and Jackson?" Maeson crackled even more sarcastically. "I don't want to talk about your two favorite love birds." Allison murmured and Maeson fell quiet. "The story is too long anyway."

"Trust me when I say I have more than enough time." Maeson blew through her cheeks, smiling as Allison looked up at her for a moment. "I realized that me and you have hung out and we say Hi but we've never really hung out or really talked. Like I know nothing about you." Maeson admitted and Allison nodded, capping her marker.

"Well I guess I'll be sure to bring her around tomorrow." Kate appeared in the door smiling. "Come on Allison, I want to finish some errands before your parents get home. " Allison nodded, turning to Maeson, offering a hug, one Maeson took. "We'll be in touch Maeson."

A/N: Whoopwhoop! Another update within 24 hours like yay! First Maellison moment!!

Btw Maeson is played by (at least for now) Amber Heard cause she's gorgeous and a good actress and fits the role, thank you @Nxverlxnd14, you're a genius!