23: Beauty & Brains PART 2

A/N: Really excited to write this chapter, hopefully Maeson seems badass but also still her sweetheart self. Enjoy!!

"You didn't have to drive me-" Erica started and Maeson hushed her.

"Please. I know we've become extremely distant, but I'd still consider you my friend." Maeson smiled lightly. "I've even became friends with Lydia again." She leaned in and whispered jokingly. Erica laughed a little, her body still ached from the tensity still in her muscles.

"Erica." A nurse walked in, her brown hair pushed back with hair pins, a friendly smile on her face. Maeson glanced at Erica before silently dismissing herself from the room. Erica watched as she left, analyzing her in dissecting details. How healthy she was, Erica's big brown eyes dragged across Maeson's curves in what she'd never admit- jealousy. How healthy and fit Maeson was, how clear and soft and beautiful her skin was. She wanted to be like that- actually she could be like that if she didn't have to take her medication. If she wasn't epileptic.

Maeson felt someone watching her, her head poked up from her phone and she turned to Erica. Their eyes met and she smiled back at her brown eyed friend, who quickly looked away flustered. But the feeling didn't go away with Erica's stare. It loomed over Maeson like thick rain clouds. "Miss."

Maeson looked up at another nurse. "You can't be on your phone."

"Of course, I'm sorry!" Maeson noticed she barely had reception anyway. Tucking her phone in her back pocket, she sat down on a small hallway bench. She stared at her knees, her thoughts seemingly empty as the hum of the hospital drowned out. She immediately noticed and looked up, surprised to see half of the floor empty. Figuring this was a pediatric floor (and flu season was finally wearing thin), her surprise quickly faded.

Standing, she turned slightly but stopped as her shoulder bumped against a much bulkier one. "I'm so so-" Her apology spaced at she processed the face inched away from hers. His dark eyes stared broodingly at her. She glanced at the closed room Erica was in and she reacted as fast as she could. Bringing her knee forth, she attempted to at least get him onto the floor, but he grabbed her knee in his large hand.

She heard a small chuckle vibrate in his throat which sparked even more determination in her. She was barely able to disable the other alpha, Peter. But she could try it again, and even better now. Lifting one fist, Derek quickly grabbed it- taking the bait as her other fist collided into his throat. He let go of her fist and her knee, giving Maeson free range once again. Grabbing the stack of magazine, she slapped him in temple but it barely pushed him off his feet.

Growling, she took a large step back, not too sure what he was going to do know that he was wolfing out. She checked her surroundings, catching the gaze of a black bubble on the ceiling. A camera. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." She called out, ignoring his glowing glare, his face slowly contorting. "Cameras everywhere. Wouldn't want to be on the nations wanted list again." She taunted.

"Maeson-" She whizzed around, the nurse stood in the door with a puzzled look. Maeson turned around to meet an empty spot where Derek was once at. "Um." She looked back at the nurse, who was staring at the magazines in her hands.

"I wasn't stealing these."

The nurse laughed, "Right. Anyway, you can go now. I have to notify parents and their going to take her home." Maeson nodded, putting the now crinkled magazines back on the small table. She brushed them off, but only felt the embarrassment raise by doing that.

"Oh! Can you keep an eye on her till her parents get here." Maeson quipped, only to get a weird look again from the nurse. "I don't mean to undermine your job, I...am just going to leave. You have a nice day." She belted out and quickly turned down the hall.

Adrenaline still pumping, she took the stairs, not wanting to be stuck with a angry werewolf in the elevator. Speaking of, she pulled her phone out, waiting for her to regain signal, but still not a call or text would even go through with the only bar she managed to get. Kicking the door open, she was barely about to defend herself as she was knocked onto her back.

Pushing herself to her feet, she chucked her phone at her attacker, hitting him in the eye. He grunted, clasping his hands over his eye in anger. "Isaac!" She looked at the huffing boy, his eyes glowing but his face still normal along with his hands. "What the hell?"

"I thought it was Erica!" He bit and she rolled her eyes.

"Really! She was gonna run down-6 flights of stairs after having a seizure." They both glared at each other. "And that's not the point! Isaac seriously- a werewolf!"

"Maeson seriously- Jackson!" Isaac retorted and Maeson made a face.

"Not even comparable. I'm not going to be hunted down or possibly kill someone on a full moon!" She yelled, "I don't want to fight you." She stated, throwing her hands up.

"And I don't want to hurt you." Isaac said, Maeson scoffed.

"Says the one clutching his eye." Maeson taunted and Isaac growled before throwing himself towards Maeson, who was able to dodge his hands. She refrained from throwing punches and just wanted to tire him out so she could make the call. Car wheels screeched and Maeson stopped, as Isaac took off.

"Are you okay ma'am?" A man got out of his car, attempting to at least ask her if she had a ride home or if she wanted him to call the police, but Maeson quickly denied his help. "Are you sure your okay?" He asked and Maeson nodded before taking off towards her car.

A/n: There will be a part 3 cause it was supposed to be atleast twice as long but I just wanted to update for you guys. Happy Thanksgiving.