#one

I stare at my hands as my fingers fiddle with each other, observing my nails for a long time before I put them together and picked up the piece of paper from my lap. My hands play with it, messing with it as I stare at Principle Havens give a really long introduction, leading towards the graduation. Looking around I realize there are more people then usual. More people that actually came and didn't leave whenever Alpha Tadeo isn't present. Maybe he's the cause. The reason why there's so many turn out. I glanced at him.

Next to the podium and the stage, sat Alpha Tadeo sitting next to his wife and along other highly valued, important members of the pack. The graduation taking place looked more human in my opinion. With the grand chairs reaching all the way to the exist doors and the fine seats reserved for graduates that couldn't wait to go home and party. I think I'm not like them. Not like my classmates who looked bored or either wrapped up in their own fantasies to even care about graduating already. I mean, we've spent years training for the real world since birth and this huge graduation planned for us wasn't doing us any justice. I get the parents are proud but they don't understand young people.

It's also my birthday today. Turned 18, just right l'm in 'time' for me to be fully registered as an adult that would fully commit to the pack. Nightstalkers is my home and all it's I know. I grew here in the borders of Queensland, little town of suburb people and I felt like there's a line separating us and the humans. I girl who lived in the forest, the humans call me. An outsider I learned in English class once. I was more lonely now that I'm thinking about it. Although it's something I don't think humans really understand the concept of family. Having the pack or family in their case working together so that everything would run smoothly and ensure everyone's happiness and safety.

The humans, however know how to make a living for themselves whether or not they're alone or with someone. The significant other was another thing we valued. Our mate and the humans-their soul mate or marriage partner or best friend or sibling or parents. Nightstalkers work in packs, large group of people that often rely on the Alpha to decide everything and make this work. But I honestly think everything is bullshit and I want some little independence and freedom. I want to explore and go out without having to think about the pack and everyone else. Okay maybe my mate and my true best friend Chimmie.

I know I'm different from everyone here at Nightstalkers. I can tell by the way I look, feel, heck even talk but still I felt like I was at home. Where else could I go? Do I know what I am, yes I do but even the truth scares me to death. I don't know if anyone notices or knew anything about my obvious displacement. But I guess they did. Some hate me here. Because I'm different, smarter then them, quick thinker and always volunteer for anything. No teenage werewolf volunteers I tell you that. And turning eighteen would be the worst thing that could happen to me.

I hear teenagers whining about never wanting growing up and before I didn't understand them but I now I do. The best years of my life was when I was sixteen when school gave me a place to have my own free thinking and I know who I am. I find out who I am. What I am. Turning eighteen would be like a curse, a bad hindering thing that could happen to me before I'm exposed maybe? I don't know what will happen but I know perhaps I have to run away some day. Thinking about that makes me worry that my mate wouldn't want me wouldn't see to what I am, I'm going to scare him. I thought about The Great War. How it changed the perspectives of werewolves mating with humans.

It changed everything that stood before, when there was peace between the species. The values and interaction of the wolves and the humans. There was a thin line drawn between us. I'm in the middle maybe though sometime I feel like I'm alone in this world. Except for my mate that would accept me and we'd be alone together.

I looked up to the speaker now that the speeches are done, it was Alpha Tadeo  that was called up. I always thought he was a white man in a black's man body. Bearing white human values and attitude followed by actions by court justices based only for facts. He's crazy, I tell you that. I'm terrified of him and vowed to myself to avoid him. It's hard when you're achieving excellence in your subjects and I seem to always run into him while I'm reading. Books is something I absolutely love and can't live without. Just thinking about it now reminds me some of the books I read but then I shook my head and tried to listen to Alpha Tadeo speak, considering how distract I am anyways.