#twentyfour

When she sat in front of me I was as emotionless as the first time I saw her. My real mother looked skeptical as well, raising an eye brow and then she smiles. She looked pretty today. Maybe added a few touches of make up here and there to make herself look younger. Her smile were surprisingly warming and bore a nervous demeanour. When I didn't smile back, hers flattered away as well and looks away from me.

Embarrassed, I turn to look at Ruby, side eyeing me as she took a customers order. It was early in the morning well a little over nine and the cafe become a little over packed or it was my anxiety speaking.

"Have you waited long?" Katherine asks me and I turn to face her. She smiles again, and I get the motherly feeling from her. I gave her a small smile.

"No not long" I lied. I came with Ruby since six thirty, partially to help her set everything up and consult me to what I should or say in front of mother. Mother. I'm calling her mum now, I thought.

"I see, I hope I didn't cause too hassle yesterday. " She went on and brings her arm to the table. Katherine looks away again and I observe her ring on the left hand. A beautiful diamond that sparkle in the light. Her skin were smooth chocolate the perfect brown and her nails looked recently manicured. My eyes travels to her outfit- a simple floral shirt and noted of her toned arms. She had beautiful  brown eyes, a perfect blend of not too dark nor light. They were just right.

And her face, medium sized nose, medium sized lips and straightened dark hair. Katherine seemed to check me out as well before our eyes meets.

"Of course not." I lied again, my mind flashing to the restless night I just had. Well I slept later then usual because ti couldn't stop thinking about them.

"Are you sure? I mean I didn't. " Katherine jokes and I chuckle a little. I noticed under her eyes there's tiny dark circles- its there but not noticeable.

"I lied too. " I admitted, "I... didn't know how to react and I'm sorry if I came off cold."

"Oh it's fine, bello." Katherine smiles again, white teeth showing. "I wouldn't know either. I was worried that you'd shut me out or wouldn't believe me. That's why I wanted to meet up and talk... get to know you. "

"Is that it?" I interrupted. "To get to know me?"

"Well no," Katherine sighs and fiddle with her fingers. "I feel obliged to explain things to you and I don't know... i thought I would see how your hanging there." She went on and takes a peek at me.

"How did you know my name?" I asked and place my hand on the table. Katherine didn't get to answer as Ruby came to my table. I told her earlier to intervene as a distraction so that I'd get myself together. She took our orders, Katherine a cup of coffee and me an a cup of tea. She left.

"From Bradley." Katherine says to me. I never I though I would hear that name again. I frown, not sure whether or not we're talking about the same person. "Abello, I know what happened. How Tabisha suddenly came into your pack and how she's in jail. Bradley came to me and James to tell us that. He did some digging and made sure that you're... not exposed."

My real mother looks down as she spoke. Her voice holding some sort of desperate plea that what she's telling is true. I only nod as Ruby comes back with our drinks. I took a short sip.

"Are you worried for her? Tabisha I mean she run away and went into the woods." I asked.

"At first yeah but when Bradley told us that she'd be in your pack I guess... I felt relieved. I mean, she made it to a pack which she wanted because she wanted to belong. Now that she has some place to live I know she'll be alright. If anything, she'll fit in."