Chapter 17

Adonis's POV

"Sir we found him, but not in good shape.", I went rigid.

"Where is he and where did you find him?", I closed the door.

"We found him near our territory like he escaped and he's down in the private hospital.", I thanked him and rushed down there using my vampire speed.

When I got there, he was barely conscious with a swollen face, broken arm and leg, and cuts and bruises all over his body.

"Aries.", gaining his attention.

"Hey Adonis.", he said groggy attempting to speak.

"How are you feeling?", handing him some water.

"Terrible, but I'm healing pretty quickly because of some medicine the doc gave me.", speaking clearly.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't come sooner. I didn't know until last night.", I said looking away.

"Bro not you getting emotional. I'm here and I don't hold you against because if your men hadn't came, I don't think I would've made it.", he said patting my arm.

"Aww that's so cute. Love the bromance.", Aloni said making a heart with her hands.

"Uh Aloni what are you doing here?", Aries said trying to cover his face

"I came to see you of course.", coming over to where he was trying to uncover his face.

There goes that weird smell again.

"Aloni are you okay?" I decided to ask her.

"Yea why wouldn't I be?", confused that I asked her that.

"Well you smell kind of weird to me. Not like you stink though.", I added when she gave me a look.

"Yea you smell like me and you combined.", he paused in realization; I knew too, "Um Adonis can you step out for a minute."

"Yea sure.", I said and walked out to find Kiera.

...

Aries's POV

"Um babe is there something you want to tell me?", I questioned already knowing the answer.

"Well um yea, but I don't want you to be mad.", she whispered nervously.

"I promise I won't.", I reassured her.

"I'm pregnant.", she finally said then started to cry.

"Wait why are you crying? Aren't you happy?", I asked comforting her.

"I am but I was so scared that our child would grow up without a father when I got that text.", she confessed while wiping her tears.

"What text?", I asked.

She showed me her phone with a text saying 'your next'.

"This is not even correct English.", I handed her back her phone.

"I know right! That's what I said.", she laughed that adorable laugh I love to hear.

"Yea but they're not going to take you, love. I will do everything to make sure that's not going to happen.", I reassured her and brought her in for a kiss.