Chapter 6

Kiera's POV

"So how and when did ya'll meet?", Aloni questioned in curiosity.

"Today at the hospital. Then tonight he was banging on the door and covered in bruises, asking for help. So I let him in and fixed him up and that's when you came.

"Did he tell you the reason he was like that?", she leaned forward.

"He said that his enemy shot his tires while he was driving, so he jumped out the car. That's when they heard sirens and dipped.", I said while setting my coffee for in the morning.

"Okay but why did he specifically come here?", trying to piece the story together.

"He said he felt a pull.", yawning and heading to my room.

"Hmm that's odd. I still can't understand that if he was so bruised up, then why did he look fine?", she said making me stop in my steps.

She's right. I did notice that his wounds were completely healed when he left. Almost as if he never got hurt in the first place. How is this possible when I know what I saw when I answered the door?

"I don't know maybe he had makeup stashed somewhere and wanted to look presentable to you. Look it's almost 1:00 and we both got to get up pretty soon, so imma head to bed. Goodnight.", she looked at me in disbelief but nodded anyway.

"Yea goodnight", getting up and heading to the guest room she always sleeps in when she stays over.

What she said really had me thinking about the strange man who randomly showed up at my doorstep because of a "pull".

What are you hiding Adonis Moreli?

...

"Nurse Williams, Bryan was checked out this morning on the road to recovery and Mr. and Mrs. Davis wanted me to give you this as a thanks for saving their son's life.",my coworker said handing me an envelope and walking off.

I smiled and shook my head. That family is something else.

"Ooo what's that.", I heard a familiar voice say.

"Nothing. What are you doing here Adonis?", I asked crossing my arms.

"No need to get defensive. I'm here to see my nephew again.", he said. I noticed that he was holding a stuffed animal and a gift bag.

"Oh okay well nice seeing you again.", I smiled and began to walk away.

"Wait. Do you want to have lunch with me?", he asked with hope in his eyes.

"Uh I don't know. You see today is a bus...", I was cut off.

"You can even bring your friend and I'll bring mines.", trying to persuade me.

"Okay then. I'll meet you down at the lobby at 3:00 and don't be late." I firmly stated and walked away."

Ugh I hope I don't regret this.