Chapter 8

Kiera's POV

That was something else. I wonder what bothered him enough to make him angry. I would ask but it's none of my business and I don't really know him like that.

"Hey Kiera.", Aloni greeted me with a hug. Aries did the same.

"Hey ya'll. I hope we're not too late.", I said taking my seat and seeing Adonis finally come in doing the same.

"Oh no you good. It just gave us extra time to learn about each other.", Aries smirked and looked at Aloni.

She just giggled and took a sip of her drink. I wonder what those two got going on.

After the waitress came to take all of our orders, it was silent well except for those two playing footsies under the table.

"Kiera, I apologize for the way I reacted earlier in the car.It was uncalled for.", Adonis said all of a sudden.

"It's fine but is everything all right?", still curious as to what he was upset about.

"Uh yeah everything's fine. Oh look our food is coming.", changing the conversation.

"Wow this looks delicious!", Aloni said already digging into her food.

While indulging in our meals, I noticed that Adonis kept fidgeting and having silent conversations with Aries.

"Hey is everything okay?", Aloni noticed as well.

"Um no we actually have to go.", Adonis said getting up and handing me money I guess to pay for our meals.

"Going somewhere son?", a deep voice sarcastically asked.

"As a matter of fact we are. Let's go Adonis.", Aries spoke up.

"Oh if it isn't Aries Castellanos! How is Rayne by the way?", Aries inhumanly growled in response.

"What do we have here? Are these your pets for the day?", the woman beside the man smirked.

"Excuse me but who the fuck are you?", Aloni got in her face and Aries tried to back her up.

"Aries darling, get your whore. You wouldn't want Miranda to know your bringing another woman arou...", she was cut off.

"Enough! Come guys were leaving.", Adonis grabbed me by the arm and left the restaurant with Aries and Aloni not too far behind.

"So wh...", he cut me off.

"I don't want to talk about! So just drop it okay!", hands gripping the steering wheel.

Not wanting to make him more angry, I texted Aloni back and forth about what just happened and she is just as clueless and curious as I am.