Chapter 22

Adonis's POV

"Watchu mean 'ya'll leaving'?", Kiera asked me.

"Look in order to protect ya'll, we must make sure ya'll are safe at all times.", I told her, trying not to lose my patience.

"But what about ya'll? We care about ya'll safety just as much as ya'll care about ours.", she argued back.

"Kiera I don't need you to argue with me about this okay?", trying to convince her.

"Fine. How long will we be gone?", she asked.

"This shouldn't take more than two months.", I glanced over at Aries to see him talking to Aloni.

"Well okay then.",Kiera sadly said and walked out of my office with Aloni following behind.

"Why can't she understand that I'm doing this to protect her and not push her away?" I thought and began to plan this war with Aries.

...

Kiera's POV

As I was packing up, I thought about how serious this really was. Never in my life would I have thought that there would be a war between vampire kingdoms. I really like Adonis, but I can't  pursue a relationship with him without giving up what I worked so hard for; to be a neonatal nurse.

"Hey girly! Are you ready to go?", Aloni said standing at the door with Rayne.

"Uh yeah.", I said looking around my room to see if I'm missing anything.

I grabbed my bags and Jax, then followed them outside where the limo was.

I handed my bags to the limo driver and got in the car, without saying anything to Adonis. He noticed and opened the door.

"I know you're probably upset, but I don't want you to leave with us being on bad terms.", holding my hand.

"I just don't know what to say because my mind is all over the place. I mean I don't even know what we are or why I'm trading my life to live in yours!", I confessed tearing up.

"What do you mean you're trading your life?", he asked.

"Before I met you, I was pursuing my dreams as a nurse, I had my own car, and lived in my own  home. I was content with where I was. Then I met you and next thing I know is that people are out to get me and I have to live in fear now. Don't get me wrong, I like you like a lot, but is it really worth giving up everything that I love.", I explained full on bawling my eyes out.

"Look at me.", I looked up, "I never meant for it to be this way and I see now that I never should have gotten this involved with you. This is all my fault and if I can take it all back just to make you happy, I would in a heartbeat, but you and I both know that that can't happen.

"Hey sorry to overhear but maybe it can. I own a hospital down in Atlanta where you could still be nurse and ya'll can design the penthouse how ever ya'll want to.", Aries butted in.

"Well if I can still have a job, then I guess I'm cool.", composing myself and petting Jax. 

We all said our goodbyes and me, Jax, Aloni, and Rayne headed off to the airport where our new journey will begin.