Chapter 15

Adonis's POV

I knew exactly who was behind all this, but I needed to make sure Kiera and Aloni are safe first. We obviously can't stay here, so I am taking them to my estate where my kingdom lives and where I know they are safe.

I went to wake Rayne up and told her to put on some warm clothes while I pack her bags. I locked up and headed to my black SUV and strapped Rayne in.

On the way there, I thought about our almost kiss. What would have happened if we weren't interrupted? Before I could even think about the possibility, I was pulling in a parking spot.

I helped Rayne get out and we made our way to the door. I ranged the doorbell and heard shuffling.

"Hey.", she said stepping aside.

"Hey. Are ya'll ready to go?", I asked noting that she was still in scrubs.

"Uh yea.", she began to pick up her bags but I did instead.

"Where's Aloni?", as soon as I said that she came walking over to us. She smelt weird.

"I'm right here. We can go now.", she sounded like she had been crying for hours.

Kiera hooked Jax up to his leash and locked the door behind us.

...

"So where are we going because I know we're aren't going to your apartment?", Kiera asked as we drove past it.

"Yea we aren't. I have an estate about two hours from here where my people reside.

"What do you mean 'your people'? Like your family?", still confused.

"Not exactly. Look it's a lot to understand that I'm not ready to tell you yet.", I ended the conversation.

She nodded and looked out the window, eventually falling asleep. I sighed thinking about everything. My bestfriend is captured. My father's evil ways. I have to protect these women from danger. I didn't ask for this. Why can't everything just go back to the way they were?

***Just a filler chapter :)