IX

Some people are being annoying about Harry choosing to save Violet. They say that I'm rushing their relationship.. who wants to read a story where the main male allows the female character to be raped by her own father?

The elevator is silent and awkward. Both of us are out of breath and struggling through various injuries. From the short second I dared to glance at Harry, I realize he came out worse than me. The skin surrounding his right eye is a nasty purple, some parts may even be black. His pink lips were split down the middle, dark red blood gushing mercilessly. The most shocking part of his appearance is his neck. The skin is red from Will's deadly grip, some parts are bleeding, I assume from Will's fingernails.

I almost feel weak walking away from such a fight with only a bruise on my forearm and a split lip to match Harry's.

Through all the ruckus, I haven't even thought about the consequences from the previous fight. What will happen when we reach the bottom floor? A female with bruises on her body is certainly normal, Extincts often result to violence. What's not normal is an Extinct who appears to have just fought a black bear.

If people don't recognize our injuries immediately, surely they will notice Harry's tight uniform died with red blood on the only white spot of it.

Too soon the elevator beeps and I frantically look up to Harry, hating how hopeless I feel. The groan that escapes his lips indicates he is in no position to give a solid command. I quickly take charge. Not sure if I'll be able to pull off what I'm about to attempt, I throw myself at Harry just when the door opens.

"No! You can't take me there-" I scream with false tears quickly making their way down my cheek, they aren't hard to fake after the shift my life has taken over the past few days, "help!"

My screams are loud and they sound real enough to foul almost every one. Harry at first looks at me with surprise, but he quickly catches on.

"Move." Harry's command, although the authority behind it is fake, it sends chills down my spine. I assume he tries to be gentle, while his broad hands push me out of the elevator. "I said move."

"Help! Please someone help me! He's going to take me to the brothel! Please!" I stage another scream while Harry roughly grabs my bruised forearm, he is oblivious to the already bruising skin.

I don't need to look to feel the prying eyes of every male in the room. Their gazes pierce me and I'm not quite sure if the tears are real or still mock. What if they don'y buy this charade? Do they know what happened to Will, have they all already been informed about our escape plan? Ice fear runs through me despite the precipitation my body is sweating. I don't want to be raped, I don't want to be raped.

I continue to chant the pathetic sentence in my head whilst Harry forces me forward. Does he realize he's being too forceful, it's unbearable. Does he care?

"Aye, Harry, need a hand?" Both the voice and accent are foreign to me, I can tell the owner of it isn't from here.

I allow Harry to grasp my other forearm so he appears to have dominate control over me. "No, I've got her now." Harry sternly stares into my ocean eyes, while saying this, if I didn't know any better I'd think his glare was real.

A disgusting chuckle alters pitches while escaping the other Extinct's throat. Even his voice sounds dead, perhaps he's smoked too many cigarettes in his lifetime. I break eye contact with Harry and find the man laughing at us. He looks similar Eric, the Extinct Harry and I encountered upstairs. They are both old, large, and nearly bold.

"Damn, how'd you let her get the best of ye? She hardly has any meat on her. Well, I suppose she's got a nice chest.."

I want to alter our position to cover my chest, but I don't want to disturb Harry's act.