II

After walking up the stairs with Luke he opens a door directly to the right of the staircase. The door creaks while opening.

"This isn't much, but the sheets have been cleaned and everything. You'll be the first person to sleep here in a while." Luke says to me while we both walk inside.

The room has an off while carpet that is comfortable to step on and it pleases my feet. "This is fine, thank you so much."

Luke smiles at me with a sloppy smile. He nods his head and pats my back. "Of course I'll leave you to settle down, I'll see you in the morning."

I smile back and walk over to the bed. It smells clean and looks comfortable. I'm so exhausted by my walk here, that once I lay down I feel my eyes drifting close and then I sleep.
- - - - - - -

"I think we should discuss our situation." Luke says while handing me a mug filled with hot chocolate, the same kind we had last night.

Yawning I nod my head, "Yeah that'd probably be smart."

Taking a sip from his own mug Luke says, "Did your mom give you any instructions? Did she tell you to contact her? Or anything?"

I tap my finger against the handle of the mug thinking. Shaking my head I reply, "No. She instructed me to come here until she clears everything up with the Extincts."

Luke nods his head and appears to be thinking something over. "Do you have anyway to contact her?"

I shake my head, "No, Mother never wanted anyone to be able to contact us."

"So no phone we can call?"

I shake my head again.

Luke sighs, "Well then I guess you should stay here until we hear from her."

I nod my head, "I'm sorry. I didn't want to become a burden."

Luke frowns, "I didn't mean to sound like that. You're not a burden. Your mom would have took care of my child if our positions were reversed."

I smile, "Thank you."

Luke smiles, "If only that was our only problem..."

"What?"

"Well the Extincts know about you, correct?" Luke takes another sip of hot chocolate.

I nod my head, "Yes."

Luke runs a hand through his hair in frustration. "My prediction is that they want to impregnate you. And if I'm right they haven't tried yet...?"

I turn red with embarrassment, "No, the man came over to taunt me, not to try anything..."

He nods, "So that means they will return to your house and they won't be pleased with you for not being there."

"You don't think they will hurt my mom do you?" Fear conquers me, "Or my siblings?"

"No, I know your mother enough to know that she has some sort of plan. Perhaps she will say you ran away, or something like that."

"Well I did run away."

"Well, yeah. But I'm sure your mother will convince them she had nothing to do with it. She can be convincing." Luke drinks the last sip of his hot chocolate.

"So, then what is our problem?"

"Well, it's obvious isn't it? The Extincts want you. When have they ever wanted something and not gotten it?"

I take a sip of my hot chocolate, but it is now cold. "But they won't be able to find me- there is nothing tying me to you. Plus why would they spend time looking for me? There are plenty of other girls around here. Prettier ones."