V

Each step I take closer to the black car, I regret my decision to leave the safety of Luke's house even more. I know it's too late to go back now. I'm almost positive if I tried to turn around, Harry would drag me to the car without a second thought.

I don't have to look to see if Harry is following me, his black combat boots crunch the fallen leaves on the pavement, making enough noise to assure me of his presence.

I beat Harry to the car. It's an Extinct car; the windows are shaded, it's all black with a white slash on both sides of the car, similar to the Extinct's uniform. I've seen many of these cars parked in front of my house, but the sight of one has never made me feel this scared.

I pull on the handle to the passenger side, the door doesn't open. Assuming it's locked, I turn around and look at Harry. He is about two feet behind the car, his long legs shortening the distance until he is at the drivers door. When he reaches the door he pulls out his keys and unlocks the whole car.

I nervously open the car door and a masculine scent immediately catches all of my senses. If the situation was different I would have taken a moment just to smell the foreign scent.

Harry's voice draws me out of my daze, "Are you going to get in?"

Without replying, I get into the car and close the heavy door behind me. I sink back into the cushion of the car; I've never felt something so comfortable.

"What is it?" I jump slightly, startled by Harry's deep voice. I turn to him.

"I mean," he starts talking again, "why do you look like that? Why do you look so happy?"

My cheeks heat up with embarrassment, "I've never been in a car before. I didn't know they would be this... comfortable."

Harry looks at me wordlessly, his jaw tenses and his grip on the wheel tightens, as if my words hurt him. "When Will told us to search for you I didn't know you'd be so..."

His voice fades out and he looks thoughtfully at me. When I become uncomfortable with his green eyes staring at me I ask, "So...?"

He is looking at me like he did earlier, with... amazement.? I can't put a finger on it. Like the first time when I saw him look at me like that, I feel warm inside. The problem is I know I shouldn't.

However, his amazement quickly changes to anger, and his grip on the wheel tightens while he says, "Childish."

Just like when he insulted Luke earlier, his words feel like a slap in the face. I close my mouth and I look away from Harry and out the window at Luke's house.

I wonder what Luke is doing now. Crying? Regretting letting me go? Regretting letting me stay at his house at all? I wonder if I made the wrong decision.

Without another glance at me, Harry presses his foot down and the car accelerates forward. I glace nervously at the man with curly hair. Is the car supposed to move this fast?

I notice a strap across Harry's waist and torso. It seems to be holding him in place, keeping him from flying too far forward.

I look to my right side and I notice the strap is also available for me to use. Without a second thought I strap myself in and I feel slightly more relaxed.

--

I have no idea how much time has passed, it feels like a lot. Although I'm sure it's only been about twenty minutes. Harry hasn't said anything, and neither have I.

The only thing that breaks the uncomfortable silence is the ringing of Harry's phone. Harry and I both turn to look at the object ringing. The phone silences, and after twenty of seconds peace, the phone once again rings. After three rings Harry finally grabs the phone.