VII

I UPDATED KIND OF FAST WHICH IS SO UNLIKE ME OMG THANKS FOR 260,000 READS!

"Will is not my father, my mother would have told me." I glare at the old man.

"Yeah, just like she told you about Caleb?" The old man taunts me.

"She was trying to protect me!" My heartbeat increases rapidly at the mention of my brother. Does this man know where he is? As happy as this makes me, it also worries me. If this Extinct knows him, that can only mean one thing... Harry told the truth, he became an Extinct.

A daunting chuckle escapes the elderly mans lips, "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"What does he want with her?" Harry is struggling to stay calm, I can tell by the way he keeps tightening his grip on my arm.

"The same thing you want to do to her." The old man laughs, "I really don't see why you are concerned, you can have a go with her once Will's done."

"I did not take her here so she could be raped by her own damn father and I certainly want nothing from her." Harry defends himself eagerly, his grip on my arm loosens, "I could care less what he wants to do with her, as long as I don't have to see her again."

Harry's words are like knifes, opening me up just to fill me with rage and pain. I don't understand him. I don't understand how he could say such awful things about me, I haven't wronged him in anyway, how could he wish to not see me again?

"Well I certainly hope Will allows others to be with her, I'd like to see her again. I'll bet you anything that she is submissive," The old man likes his dry lips with a pink tongue, fantasying about me.

I want to run away and hide, however I also want to fight. I want to slap the old man's smug smile off his face while yanking Harry's curly hair til they both cry for me to stop. I can't recall thinking such livid and sinister thoughts before, this whole situation appears to be changing me. I don't like it.

Harry's body goes completely rigid, maybe he is just as disturbed as I am with the Extincts previous comment. "What makes you think Will wants his daughter to be used like that?" I can't find the reason Harry asked the question. The answer won't help either of us.

"Because Will is smart," his words are slurred, as if he was drunk, "he knows the truth: the world is close to extinction. It is our job as men, to dominate the world and get things done. We need to repopulate the world. To do this, we need every women we can get our hands on to contribute to our cause. If Will, the head of our Extincts, doesn't allow his daughter to help, then why should other people make their daughters do such unholy acts? Will is a leader, and people always follow their leader. He needs people to see the light in our way of living."

"You're sick," I spit my words at him like venom, hoping they will be the end of him.

However a little girl can't kill a man with her words, so he just laughs.

Neither Harry or I attempt to say anything. We just stand, his hand loosely wrapped around my arm, not quite comforting me, but at least making me feel less alone.

The elevator beeps, finally silencing the dry laugh. Whatever comfort I got from the ring of the elevator slowly vanishes when an idea dawns in my brain, Will.

Running away from home, finding Luke, and hiding from Harry has lead me up to this moment. Perhaps the most dreaded moment I've ever experienced so far in my life.

A throat clears and and everyone turns to see who made the unfriendly gesture. My stomach does a flip when my suspicions were proven correct. Will stands in front of me, wearing the standard Extincts tight uniform.