Extinction

RAPE TRIGGER WARNING! IF YOU HAVE BEEN RAPED, OR ASSAULTED THIS STORY MAY TRIGGER SOME UNWANTED MEMORIES AND I SUGGEST YOU DON'T READ THIS!

THIS STORY IS NOT MEANT TO GLORIFY RAPE, IN FACT THERE IS NO RAPE SCENE IN IT BUT AFTER A FEW RUDE COMMENTS I THOUGHT I'D ADD IT IN

I got this idea from a story my friend was telling me. (I think she talking was about a movie... but I can't remember the name) If you have any idea what movie/book/TV show it is please leave it in the comments :)

THE MAN WITH THE BROWN CURLY HAIR IN THIS CHAPTER IS NOT HARRY!

"Happy birthday, Violet!" My two year old brother, Jordan, says as a way of greeting me when I enter the kitchen.

"Thanks bud." I walk over to him and scuffle his light blonde hair.

"Yeah, happy birthday!" I turn towards the living room where my only other sister, Elena, is sitting on the couch. Her hair is a vibrant red, she is taking after her father. She is 13 years old but her brown eyes have been through a lot.

Most of us have different fathers, all of which left after getting Mother pregnant. The only siblings that have the same father are the two youngest kids. George and Ken. They aren't twins but are born only 18 months apart. Their father came back for seconds once George, the elder of the two, was born.

There is a total of seven of us children. Caleb, the oldest, is twenty years old and we are forbidden to speak of him. I like to believe he left this awful country somehow, but the reality is he probably became an Extinct. I haven't seen him for five years, but he is defiantly ruthless. He'd fit in well with the Extincts.

I am the second oldest, just turning 16 today. I am officially a women. I no longer have protection under the law from Extincts. In their eyes as of today I am fair game.

I get goosebumps just thinking of what the Extincts will do to me- if they find out about me. Mother has made it her life's mission to keep Elena and I out of Extinct grasp. She reported me as a still-born and claimed Elena was born with a birth defect. (Under the law Extincts cannot impregnate women born with birth defects.) The only problem with her plan is I can't get a job, or leave home really, because nobody can know about me.

However I don't need a job, I plan to help Mother raise my younger siblings, and the ones that will come after them. Although there is a law stating Extincts can only impregnate women from the ages of 16-35, Extincts sometimes break the rules. As long as they are pretty, Extincts are all over them... and Mother is beautiful.

I wish I looked more like her. My brown hair looks almost black and my eyes are a ocean blue that doesn't match my hair. I am very pale, Mother says I look a lot like my father, though I have never met him and never will. Extincts aren't required to father the children they produce. The law believes what Extincts do is right, it is saving a dying breed.

Well I don't agree.

It is rape in it's worst form, the only legal form. When a women denies an Extinct, Extincts have every right to use force to get what they want.

"Sweetie." I hear mother's voice coming from behind me, I turn to see her. She just came in through the front door looking frantic, like she is going to breakdown. Has another Extinct come for her?

"Mom, what's wrong?" I feel panic rising inside me when I notice a man wearing all black standing behind her. He is an Extinct. And he is looking right at me.

My first instinct is to run, but from the look on Mother's face I know that will get me nowhere. The Extinct steps inside. He has brown hair, it is quite curly, he must be in his early thirties. He is handsome, I must admit it.

"Hello, Violet. I've heard all about you." The man takes a step closer while Mom shuts the front door. Heard about me? That's not possible. 

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I ask the question, but I know the answer. 

"I'm Will. The head of the local Extincts. Your mother is such a lovely lady, isn't she?" He asks while walking over to my Mother. She goes rigid under his touch on her chin. He laughs at this. "I suppose I should go ahead and say why I'm here." He turns away from my mom and walks back over to me. I take a step away from him. He laughs at this too. 

"I know who you are. Your Mother wasn't very good at keeping you her little secret." Mother starts crying.

A tear even slides down my face. Is he going to rape me. Here? With Mother and my siblings all in the same house?

When Will starts walking towards me I back into the couch. Dispite my protests, he places a kiss on my cheek. "Happy sweet sixteen, Violet."

He walks to the front door, winks at me, and then leaves.

"Violet, oh God, Violet..." My mom falls to her knees. "Oh God, sweetie I swear I didn't tell anyone about you... oh God..."

"Mommy?" Jordan runs over to us. I forgot him and Elena are in the room with us. "Mommy!" Jordan cries at the sight of Mother crying.

Elena rushes in the room. "Jordan, " She hisses, "C'mon Mommy feels sick." Elena being the wise one of the siblings leads a frantic Jordan out of the room.

Mother doesn't seem to have noticed. She keeps on rambling about forgiveness.

"Mom," I whisper, she doesn't seem to hear me. "Mother. I'm fine. I'm not mad."

She seems to have heard me this time. She looks up at me, still rocking back and forth. "Violet, they know about you. Oh God... Violet you have to run. You have to leave here."

To be clear, that was just the introduction and I got a lot of dialogue in it. Will is based on Will Graham from the TV series Hannibal and he is in the book Red Dragon. (He is played by Hugh Dancy)

twitter: @nymphetlarry

tumblr: http://nymphetlarry.tumblr.com/

ILY