Chapter 29 (Bodies)

"Hey, wait a minute . . . Mangle, you still don't have any- . . . Hmm." You squinted in thought.

"What?" Mangle tilted her head.

"Hm . . ."

"Thank you!" Toy Chica cheered, breaking the silence and catching your attention.

"Oh, yes, thank you, dear," Mangle added.

"Yeah, thanks." Toy Freddy straightened his collar.

Toy Bonnie pulled you into a hug, wrapping his arms around you. "Thank you for all of this."

You hugged him back, blushing some. "It's no problem, really."

Toy Bonnie released you and smiled at you. You smiled back. Toy Chica squealed, running up and tackling you in a hug. You chuckled nervously, hugging her back.

"Hey, get off her!" Toy Bonnie barked in jealousy, and Toy Chica released you bashfully.

You sneered, and Toy Bonnie huffed. You pulled him over to you, rolling your eyes. His face reddened as you hugged him. He averted his eyes from your soft gaze. You pulled away from him, walking towards the hall.

"Where are you going?" Toy Freddy asked.

"Do I have to keep you updated on everything I do?" you retorted, glaring at him.

"I was just wondering," Toy Freddy grumbled, glaring back at you.

"I'm going to lay down for a bit," you told him.

"I'll come with you," Toy Bonnie stated.

"Okay."

You walked into your room and over to your bed. You threw yourself over it and onto your back. Toy Bonnie crawled over you and lied beside you. You sighed, stretching your arms and resting your hands under your head. Toy Bonnie rolled onto his side and looked at you.

"This is nice." You smiled.

"Yeah."

". . . Hey, I've been meaning to ask you—for about a year, apparently—how come you and the rest don't have to eat or use the bathroom?" You stared up at the ceiling.

"We don't have to sleep, either. We just do when you do, because we don't know what else to do," Toy Bonnie pointed out.

"Why, though?" You looked over, to see his irises contracted twice their usual size. You jumped back. "Holy fu-augh!" You fell off the bed, though your feet stayed on it.

Toy Bonnie gasped, crawling over and leaning off the edge to look at you. "Are you okay, boo?"

"Mmgh," you grunted, pushing yourself up to lean on your elbows. "What was that?"

"Sorry. You just looked cute," Toy Bonnie whispered the last part, quiet enough that you couldn't hear it.

"Were you, like, zooming in, like how you did when you were an animatronic?" you babbled.

"Yeah." Toy Bonnie nodded.

"How? Did that ability not go away?" you continued.

"No. We're still robots."

"What? So, are your skeletons made of metal, like endoskeletons? Do you guys have wires instead of veins? Do you guys have hearts, or 'hearts'?"

"I don't know."

"Hm . . ."

"Here," Toy Bonnie chuckled nervously, putting a hand out for you.

You grabbed it and attempted to pull yourself up, but Toy Bonnie lost his balance and fell. He widened his eyes, realizing that he had fallen on top of you. He pushed himself up, to hover above you. You stared at each other for a moment.