Chapter 23 (New/Old Place)

"Y-you too," you managed to stutter, in reply to the receptionist's "Have a good day."

You dragged your suitcase with you as you walked to the front doors. The doors opened automatically at your presence. You cringed as your suitcase slid across the concrete, and the loose pebbles made for a bumpy ride. The rest had to go back into their plush, and plastic, bodies, but they were still barely able to fit into your suitcase with all your stuff in it.

You unlocked your car as you got to it, and carefully slid your suitcase in the back. You got in the driver's seat, and closed your door. You looked back, about to say that the rest could come out, when it started to unzip—it looked supernatural, with the zipper moving on its own. The front flap was swung open, and the rest jumped out.

"Finally! Fresh air! I could've swore somebody farted in there," Toy Bonnie yelped.

"Toy Bonnie, we're plushies," Mangle pointed out.

"I bet it was Toy Freddy," Toy Chica snickered.

"What?" Toy Freddy snapped.

Toy Chica's laughter was interrupted abruptly as her plushie body fell over. Toy Freddy sneered at her limp body. The rest fell over soon after, and you scrunched your eyebrows. It would be anytime that they showed up in their cute bodies. You waited, but they didn't show up—they were probably messing with you. You rolled your eyes, and started the car, quickly buckling up.

"Hiya, boo!" Toy Bonnie exclaimed from beside the headrest.

"Hey," you said, completely unfazed as you pulled out of the parking lot.

"What? I didn't scare you?" Toy Bonnie protested.

"Nope." You shook your head, as you came to a stop in front of a red light. "Now, all of you buckle up. Toy Freddy, since you're the bigger one, I need you to hold on to the others."

"Oh, okay," Toy Freddy uttered as he sat back against the passenger seat.

"What's wrong, Toy Freddy?" Mangle worried, peeking over the center console.

"Huh? Um, nothing," he mumbled.

Mangle's ears fell back, not completely falling for Toy Freddy's poor facade. Toy Freddy stuck out his paw for Toy Chica, and she jumped into it. He carefully wrapped his fingers around her, holding her in place. Balloon Boy sat beside him. Mangle jumped in Toy Freddy's lap, and he put his hand in front of her.

"Toy Bonnie, get on over there." You gestured for him—the light turned green, and you slowly pulled out.

He hopped beside you, and slid between you and the buckle. "I'm comfy here."

"Mm- Fine," you scoffed, rolling your eyes; you quickly reached over and buckled the rest up.

Other than the rumbling of the engine, the car was silent. You sighed, not really minding it since you had to focus on the road. You glanced over at the clock—it was 8:32 AM.

"I'm sorry, but, where are we going?" Mangle spoke.

"Well, first, we need to go to a gas station," you said, noticing that the fuel gauge showed that the car was almost empty.

"And after that?" she added.

"Mm- I don't know," you mused, signaling to turn.

When the coast was clear, you pulled over into the parking lot of the gas station. You carefully situated the car beside an empty pump, and parked. You took the keys out of the ignition and hooked them on your belt loop. The rest looked out the window curiously, Toy Bonnie hopping up into your lap and standing up.