Chapter 8 (Challenge)

You walked through the Main Hall, not seeing any of the animatronics in the Party Rooms, and assuming they were performing on stage. You walked into the dining room, to see the place mostly empty, other than the few employees that sat at the tables, and a few teenagers. There were a few more employees carefully watching over the animatronics; one guy stood beside Balloon Boy, another stood near Marionette's box, and two others were on either side of the Show Stage. You assumed someone was in Kids' Cove, watching over Mangle.

Toy Bonnie and the other two on stage, weren't doing some type of skit, instead they just stood there, not moving. Toy Bonnie subtly winked at you, and you grinned. You wondered what they were doing there. An employee walked up to you, and you looked over at them, to see that Scott was beside you.

"Hey, (Y/N). Um, I saw that you had fallen asleep earlier. I supposed you must've had a rough night, so I decided to let you rest," Scott told you.

"Oh, thanks," you muttered. "Why are the animatronics on stage?"

"Um, we decided not to let them walk around anymore. To ensure everyone's safety," he informed you.

"How'd you guys get them to stay there?" you wondered.

"Well, when they went on stage for their hourly performance, we locked them in place," he replied.

"How'd you do that?"

"I don't know, I'm not an engineer."

"Oh. What should I do today?" you asked.

"Well, there isn't much to do. Since the incident yesterday, nobody has wanted to come back, in fear of them or their children getting hurt. The only people coming in have been a bunch of angsty teens." Scott sighed.

". . . Is there any way to keep the pizzeria opened?" you muttered, and his eyes widened. "Instead of closing it at the end of this year?"

"No way. The manager, as well as the rest of the employees, have already agreed to put the pizzeria to rest, not wanting to get sued for any more damage. Besides, even if we did want to keep the place open, the business would be terrible," Scott told you.

"We could try, right?" you suggested.

"I don't know. I think the manager's already made up his mind, and, um, he can be real stubborn when it comes to business things," he said nervously.

"How about I talk to him?"

"Oh, I don't know about that. He's kind of easily agitated. So, if you were to say something against his words, he could possibly fire you."

"Well, if he doesn't agree, there wouldn't be much more of a job anyways. Right?" you convinced him.

"Uh, yeah, I guess," he stammered, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Where is he then? I want to talk to him, now," you crowed, rolling up your sleeves.

"His office isn't in the pizzeria. He's probably at his house. Um, I could call him for you?" Scott mentioned.

"No way, I want to talk to him face-to-face," you boasted.

"Oh man, he'll probably be pissed. But, I can try to get him down here," he quavered.

"Nice," you mused, crossing your arms smugly.

"I'll be a few minutes though," he murmured as he took his cellphone out of his pocket, and walked towards the Show Stage.

"Good luck," you sneered as he carefully walked past the animatronics.

"Thanks, I'll need it," he mumbled as he lifted up the hatch and disappeared below the stage.