Chapter 7 (Truth, Trust, and Tears)

"Do you trust me?" Toy Bonnie asked.

"Yes," you told him.

"Huh," he mused.

"What, I'm telling the truth!" you blurted.

"I know, you are telling the truth," he replied.

"Oh," you muttered bashfully.

"Are you afraid of me?"

"No."

"Hm. Let me rephrase that: are you afraid of what I am capable of doing?" he uttered clearly.

"Well, no. Not really," you said.

"You're lying, (Y/N)," Toy Bonnie grumbled.

"What, I-I'm . . ." You sighed.

"If you don't tell me what's wrong, I can't help you," he mumbled, holding your eye contact.

". . . Wh-what if your spirit, or the others', snaps, and ends up hurting me or someone else? What if they don't stop?" you croaked, and Toy Bonnie loosened his grip on your hand.

"It'll be alright, beautiful. We'll make sure it won't happen," he assured you, and you blushed at the name he called you.

"Is that the nickname you're giving me?" you chuckled.

"Not for sure. I want to give you a nickname that you'll love, one with meaning," he mused as he let go of your hand, stroking his nonexistent beard; you chuckled at his obscurity, and his ears twitched.

"Bonbon?" you said.

"Yes?"

"I have a question for you."

"Hit me," he boasted.

"Do you trust me?" you asked, looking into his eyes for the truth.

"Wha- Of course. Why wouldn't I?" he babbled as his ears fell to the side; his pupils narrowed as he watched for your expression, your poker face made him nervous.

"Bonnie," you cooed, and his eyes expanded as he blushed lightly at your soft voice.

"What?" he chuckled nervously.

You gripped his hand, holding it gently. He looked at his hand, and then back up at you. You smiled softly at him as you tilted your head some. His blush got brighter, and he avoided your eyes. You grabbed his other hand and wrapped your fingers between his. He quickly looked up at you, and you looked at him innocently. Toy Bonnie looked between your eyes, unintentionally zooming in to see your face better. He whined and closed his eyes, and you couldn't help but giggle.

"I'm sorry!" he blurted, and your eyes widened. "I don't know why I don't trust you! I-I want to trust you. I just don't know how to."

"I want to trust you too, Bonbon," you admitted, and he opened his eyes to look at you.

"H-how can we earn each other's trust?" he wondered.

"Well, we could do 'trust exercises,' but that sounds kinda la-"

"Yeah! Wha-what are trust exercises?"

"Oh. Um, they're like these things you do to learn to trust someone else," you explained.

"What are some?" he asked.

"The only one I know is the 'trust fall.' But I don't think I could catch you if you were to fall over," you muttered.

"Why not look something up on your phone?"

"I guess I can do that," you muttered as you took your phone out of your pocket; you unlocked it and opened up safari, typing in some words, before it gave you suggestions.