Chapter 16 (Spirits)

"Did she say spirits?" Toy Chica worried.

"Yeah," Toy Bonnie replied as he hopped off the Show Stage.

"What did she mean when she said that if she separated us from our spirits, we 'may not come back'?" Toy Freddy demanded.

"I don't know, she just told me," Toy Bonnie defended himself as he walked up to the table.

"What all did she tell you?" Mangle wondered.

"She told me that our spirits have been contacting her, and telling her that she can separate them from us. That's all I know," Toy Bonnie explained as he took a seat.

"Our spir-spirits 'ave bee-een contactin' her?" Foxy said questioningly.

"They're talking about separating us? What does that mean?" Mangle asked.

"I don't know," Toy Bonnie muttered.

"Do you think they're plotting against us?" Toy Freddy thought aloud.

"I-I don't think (Y/N) would do anything to harm us," Toy Bonnie pointed out.

"But if our spirits had talked her into it?" Toy Freddy tried to convince him, and Toy Bonnie's ears twitched as he stared down at the table. ". . . I'm only thinking of possibilities."

"She did say something about not knowing if she wasn't supposed to tell me about them," Toy Bonnie mumbled.

". . . If she said she didn't know if she was supposed to tell you, then that means the spirits didn't tell her not to. Which means that, most likely, there wouldn't be anything bad to tell you," Toy Chica reasoned.

"What else did she say, Toy Bonnie?" Mangle asked him.

"Before she told me about the spirits, we were talking about why she would say things about why we couldn't be together, and she told me that she was trying to push her feelings away. I clearly remember what she said, because it confused me at first: 'I don't want to lose you by chance, but then again, I can't just not help those children,' " Toy Bonnie replied, and Toy Freddy's eyes widened.

"If the spirits appeared as children, and not something more sinister, do you think their intentions aren't actually bad?" Toy Freddy blurted.

"If she were to be 'helping' them, I wouldn't think their intentions would be bad," Toy Chica added.

"Maybe ye all are-are thinkin' too-oo much in-to this," Foxy said, and Balloon Boy laughed in agreement. "If our spirits s-said somethin' a-bout separatin' them fr-om us, that does-doesn't technic-ally mean th' beauty plans t' do-o anythin' about it-it; 'n even if sh-she did, I don't reck-eckon she would do anythin' t' hur-urt us. 'ave a wee-ee trust in th' lass. If, by-by chance, th' spirits do mea-ean harm, either, she would 'ave al-already done somethin' by-y n-now, told us earlier, or nah 'ave br-ought it up at all-all."

". . . Foxy's got a point. (Y/N)'s been with us for weeks, and we've told her all our secrets. She knows we trust her, and I don't think she's the type of person who would take advantage of someone's trust," Mangle pointed out.

"I know she trusts us. I mean, she kind of lives with us, and there have been plenty of times she's been vulnerable and we haven't done anything to hurt her," Toy Bonnie mentioned.

"I agree with you both, but I think it'd be safe to consider the possibilities; anticipate the outcomes," Toy Freddy said, looking at the rest for agreement.

". . . Should we tell Marionette?" Toy Chica mused.

"I-I don't think that would be wise," Mangle objected nervously.