Chapter 1 (Coward)

You stirred awake to the sound of a phone ringing. You peeled your eyes open, and lifted up your head. You looked over towards your bedside table, and saw the screen of your cellphone lit up. You groaned and reached for it. Sliding it off the table, you didn't even bother to read the caller ID, answering it and putting it up to your ear.

"Hello?" you muttered groggily.

"(Y/N)! You have to come get me!" a voice pleaded.

"Who is this?" you murmured, your eyes slowly closed.

"It's Peter!" they replied; it was your roommate, he was working the night shift at a pizzeria.

"Dude, it's-" you looked at the clock, "two, o'clock, in the morning? Why are you calling me?" you grumbled.

"Please come get me," he croaked.

"Why?" you sassed.

"They're trying to kill me," he squeaked.

"Who?" you asked, your eyes widened nervously as you sat up.

"The animatronics!"

"The animatronics?" you jeered, squinting in a glowering manner.

"They're alive, (Y/N)! The animatronics are alive, and they're trying to kill me," he sputtered.

"Oh, Pete," you sighed, you leaned against the bed backboard. "Don't you think you're being a bit paranoid? I mean, animatronics, are trying to kill you?"

"Please, (Y/N), come pick me up. You don't have to believe me. I just want out of this place," he quavered.

You sighed and threw your head back against the bed frame. You could hear Peter breathing heavily.

"Fine," you growled through gritted teeth.

"Oh, thank you-"

"Yeah, you owe me later for this," you insisted.

"Hurry, plea-"

You ended the call before he could finish. You dropped your phone back onto the bedside table, and groaned, rolling your eyes to the back of your head. You threw the blanket off yourself and slid your feet out of bed.

You had always knew Peter to be chickenhearted, ever since you moved in with him. You didn't look down upon him for it, though. Granted, there were times, like now, that his cowardice nature was a pain in the butt.

You hopped onto the floor and walked to the foot of your bed, in front of your dresser. You pulled out a pair of bootcut jeans, and a shirt that said "BORN TO BE REAL NOT PERFECT." You remembered that it had been raining all day, and it was chilly out, so you took out a pair of black thigh socks.

After you got changed, you grabbed your phone, and earbuds, and shoved them into your pockets. You slipped on your high tops, not bothering to tie them.

You pulled in front of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, your headlights reflected off the glass double doors. You had been here earlier to drop Peter off, but with most of the town deserted, it was a lot creepier.

You turned off the engine to your car. You opened your door and stepped out onto the pavement. Shutting it behind you, you walked up to the front doors, looking around cautiously. You looked through the doors, you couldn't see anything due to the street lamps. You cupped your eyes and scanned the inside of the pizzeria, nothing was out of the ordinary.

You pulled at the handle to the one of the doors, and surprisingly, it opened; Peter must have unlocked them, or they were never locked in the first place. You stepped into the pizzeria, making sure the door closed behind you. You were thankful you wore long socks, as it wasn't any warmer inside. You could hear the faint sound of a music box playing, and the whole place smelled of pizza.