Chapter 31 (Colds & Existential Crises)

You groaned, your nose sounding a lot worse than before. You shuffled into the living room, where everyone was sitting on the couch. They looked over at you, to see your hair tangled and messy, your pajamas twisted up, and your baggy eyes.

"Oh, good morning?" Mangle stratched the back of her neck nervously.

"Morning." You sneezed. "Ugh."

"You poor thing," Toy Chica worried.

"I hope you don't mind that I brought this chair in here," Toy Freddy said, gesturing to what he was sitting in.

"Are you reading a book?" You rubbed your eyes.

"Why don't you go back to bed?" Toy Bonnie stood up and held your hand.

"Okay."

You didn't even bother fighting him back as he took you to your room. He tucked you into your bed and gave you a kiss on the forehead.

"Do you need anything, boo?" Toy Bonnie asked, kneeling down.

"Could you get me something to drink?" you croaked.

"Of course." He smiled at you. "Do you need anything else?"

"Do you remember if I got any tissues?"

"I don't. I can get Mangle to run to a store and get you some, though," he offered.

"No, that's fine," you chuckled, your mind thinking that this sounded familiar.

You started to get up, and Toy Bonnie stopped you. "What are you doing? I just tucked you in."

"I need to get up. Maybe get some fresh air," you muttered.

"Outside?" Toy Bonnie questioned, and you nodded. "You're not going outside, (Y/N). You're sick. Why don't you just take a shower? Maybe it'll make you feel somewhat better?"

You widened your eyes, knowing that this was definitely something you've heard of before. "You know, I'm good. I'm just going to get something to drink."

"I can get it for you."

"No. Let me get it."

"Okay."

You stood up and walked out of the room. Toy Bonnie followed you down the hall. The rest looked over at you curiously.

"Why are you in here? I thought you were going to bed?" Mangle asked.

"I need some water," you mumbled.

"Wat-er you doing?" Toy Chica snickered.

"What?" You raised an eyebrow.

"It was just a joke," she chuckled nervously. "I thought you would laugh. Laughter is the best medicine, you know."

It then hit you. "Oh my God."

"What is it?"

"Holy shit!"

"(Y/N)!" Toy Bonnie scolded you.

"This has happened before!" you shrieked.

"What are you talking about?" Mangle asked.

"It all happened in the story I read! With spirits contacting me, having to pull you guys out of your own bodies, being able to shapeshift, having to leave our hotel room in order to not be caught, and then me being sick, the thing about Mangle going out to get me things, and then the 'laughter is the best medicine,' " you ranted, pulling at your hair.

"(Y/N), stop," Toy Bonnie grabbed your wrists and held them down. "What are you talking about?"

"The story I read! The one that was about the spirits shapeshifting! Everything that I read in it has happened. That mean's something's gonna happen! I'm gonna die!" you panicked.

"Calm down. You're not going to die anytime soon," Mangle assured you.

"You're right. That happened before they found out. Unless it's not in order," you mused.

"What in the world are you talking about? It's just a coincidence that what's happened in the story, happened in real life," Toy Freddy said.

"Something's going to happen. I'm gonna meet someone. I don't know."

"Are you even listening to us?" Toy Bonnie huffed.

Just then, your phone dinged. "Aha!"

You quickly grabbed your phone out of your pocket. There was a text from your landlord. You grunted, opening it. It read, 'Thank the gods! You're the only one I've been able to found that doesn't trash the place.'

"What are you trying to get at, dear?" Mangle tilted her head.

"We're not real! We're only part of a story or something!" you announced.

"What?" Toy Bonnie laughed.

"You're being a bit delusional. I think you need to get some rest," Mangle suggested.

"No-"

"(Y/N), you are real. Look." Toy Bonnie grabbed your hand. "You feel that, right?"

"Well, yeah-"

"You're here, right?" Toy Bonnie smiled at you.

". . . Yes," you mumbled, glancing at the rest.

"We're here," Toy Bonnie gestured to the rest.

"Aren't there alternate universes? An infinite amount of them? Maybe in a different universe, you're not real, and you are part of a story. But, in this universe, you are real," Toy Freddy explained.

You thought about it for a second. "I guess that makes sense."

"You don't need to worry. You're here. We're here. We're here for you. Everything's going to be okay, boo," Toy Bonnie said, hugging you.

The rest stood up and wrapped their arms around you and each other, forming a group hug. You smiled, hugging everyone back.

‏‏‎
(Author's Note) Damn, this chapter is short AF! AHHHHHH! Sorry.