chapter 38

When we first got there we decided to go bowling. Connor was doing so good in the beginning and he had a big lead on us all but by the end Riley had came back and won with Connor in second Toby in third and me in fourth.

"I swear to god every time I play something with you guys Riley wins and I come in last. I give up" I fake pouted

"It will be okay" Riley said in a baby voice as he patted me on the head

After that we went to the arcade room and played hundreds of different games. We were having so much fun. I noticed Toby was keeping his distance from me though

"Hey Toby can I talk to you" I spoke up

"Yeah"

We took a couple steps away from the other boys and sat down on this little bench. I noticed Riley and Connor were staring at us but when they saw we were just talking they went back to playing games.

"What's up"

"I don't want things to be like this between us" I confessed

"Like what? everything's fine"

"No its not I can tell. The whole night you have been so distant, you've only said about 2 words to me. It just feels so awkward and I hate it"

"You know what you're right. I'm only acting this way though because I know how much you mean to Riley so I don't want him to see us being so friendly and think there is something between us"

"But he knows that we are friends. It should be fine and to be honest if he is going to get jealous that easy I don't know if he is the one for me. We know that there is nothing there so that's all that matters"

when I said those last few words I saw Toby's face drop. He looked so upset.

"You know what you're right, let's go have some more fun" he smiled linking our arms together.