chapter 31

"Before I say anything I just want you to know that he is not mad he is just upset" Connor informed me

"I feel so bad it should have never happened"

"Well we can't go back now so we just have to move forward from here"

"What if I can't, what if he won't even talk to me" I asked as tears fell down my face

"Come here" he comforted as he gave me a hug "I'm not going to lie, it might take him awhile to get over it but that's only because he really cares about you, and because he really cares about you I know he will come around sooner or later"

"So what do I do in the meantime" I questioned

"I would try to stay away from Toby because he obviously felt something and now he thinks he is in love with you. I don't think he is though he is just young and it could partly be because you were his first kiss. Other than that there's not much to do he will just have to get over it"

I can't believe that I was Toby's first kiss. That is a shock to me. I figured he would have kissed plenty of other girls and maybe even done more than that with some of them.

"Well tomorrow is going to be awkward then" I almost whispered

"Yeah that's what he said. Aren't you guys the only two in first period"

"There is another girl but I don't know when she will be back because she has pink eye"

"Maybe that will be a good thing then because it will force you guys to talk"

"Maybe you're right"

Just then my brother walked in the front door

"Hey Ashley how was your night" he asked

"Great, my morning not so much though"

"I'm sorry. Who is this"

"This is Connor he's a good friend of mine. Connor this is my brother Jake"

They sat there talking for a little bit and they seemed to get along great. While they were talking I put in my headphones and listened to some music. I quickly had to stop though because it only made me think about the song Riley wrote for me. Then it hit me. I have an idea.