Chapter 24: Leading Ladies

Start from the beginning

~Klaus POV~

Vincent laid out four cards on the table whilst both Klaus and Odessa leered over him, with the Original's subconscious version of Fiore pacing about behind him.

"The cards are symbolic. They're gonna show us a common ground that'll let us find whoever's behind this." Vincent explained.

"What does this mean?" Klaus asked in both frustration and boredom. "Is our culprit a magician with a penchant for swords?"

"You have to look closer." Odessa rebutted. "Look at what they all have in common. The common thread that weaves through all four of them."

Klaus looked back at the cards closer this time and found a recurring theme. All four cards had an image of a snake.

"A snake?" Fiore said with a scoff. "A little bit on the nose if you ask me."

"It means Vince is gonna see someone with a snake. You find that guy, you find whoever's in cahoots with The Hollow." Odessa explained.

"Then by all means, let's go find the viper in our midst."

~Fiore POV~

We traced the key to a storage unit and Hayley, Freya and I stood in front of the room where Hayley would find her answers. I took a nervous breath when I felt set off many notifications at once. I picked it up and noticed messages upon messages from Odessa. I must have lost service. I stepped away from the other two before calling her back to hear what was likely to be even more bad news.

"Odessa, what is it?" I asked her as she picked up the phone within a ring.

"Oh my goodness, Fiore, finally! They're here. You have to come to the party, like right now." She rambled out.

"That's impossible." I told her.

"Check your phone, I sent you a screenshot of the message." I checked and saw that her family had managed to contact her in quite the stalkerish manner. "How soon can you get here?"

"I can't come to Klaus' party, Odessa."

"Like hell you can't!" She snapped. "I put my life on the line for you and your family time and time again. You are overcoming your marital problems to save mine."

"Okay." I said with a reluctant sigh. "I'll be there as soon as I can."

I cut the call and followed Hayley and Freya into a now unlocked storage unit. It was cold and dark and likely to be full of spiders, so I thought it best that I had to leave anyway.

"Are you guys okay with doing this without me?" I told the two. "I unfortunately have to go to Klaus' dreadful party."

"Yeah." Hayley told us. "I think it's best if I do this on my own anyway."

Freya and I nodded before leaving the storage unit together. I turned to her and she had a small smile on her face, no doubt daydreaming of her new interest, Keelin.

"What are you going to do now?" I asked, despite knowing the answer already.

"Same as you, heading to the party." She replied sheepishly, refusing to make eye contact with me. "I already invited Keelin, I can't just not show up."

"Sure." I said with a smirk. "So what are you going to wear?"

"This." I scoffed and shook my head at her.

"No you are not." I told her. "You're going to see Keelin, remember? You can't just show up looking like you've come from a Lara Croft convention."

"I don't care what Keelin sees me in." She mumbled.

"I'm sure you don't." I replied sarcastically at her as we arrived at the compound.

I sped into my room and locked the door, ensuring no one would be here as I dolled her up. I smirked as she grumbled when I threw a dress at her.

"Do you have any idea how long I have wanted to do this?" I said with a satisfied sigh as she slipped into the dress and I did her hair and makeup.

"Thanks for the grand vote of confidence." She countered with a scoff.

"Honestly Freya, you're so beautiful." I remarked with a smile. "What are you so worried about with Keelin?"

She let out a deep sigh before looking down away from both me and the mirror. Whatever was troubling her was clearly traumatising for her. And even more difficult to admit.

"The last person I was in love with tried to kill my whole family." She said sadly. "And the person before that died because of me. I made a vow to never fall in love and each time I broke it, people ended up hurt. A part of me still loves them both even still. And letting Keelin into that place in my heart, where all those I have hurt lie, I'm afraid she'll become one of them."

"Freya, I know you're scared of getting hurt and others getting hurt. But running away from happiness is not doing you or anybody else any favours." I told her. "Both of those people loved you just as much as you did them. And maybe things could've ended differently, but it's not the falling in love with you they would change." I squeezed her hand affectionately and after making sure I was the most gorgeous person there, the two of us made our debut at the party.

~Klaus POV~

"You seem confident." Elijah told his brother as Vincent surveyed the guests at the party.

"Well, Vincent is a powerful witch determined to save his friends." Klaus explained. "Not to mention he knows if this doesn't work, we'll be forced to kill everyone at this party."

Klaus looked down as Vincent nodded at a man standing by the stairs, identifying him as the man who was involved with The Hollow.

"Him." Klaus told Elijah, but his brother was far more ensconced by someone else.

"Have you noticed that Odessa seems awfully on edge all of a sudden?" Elijah asked his brother.

"Sorry Elijah, but Odessa's eccentricities are not on my list of concerns." Klaus replied in annoyance, only for him to notice a flash of emotions in his brother's eyes. That of affections. "Why are you concerned with her anyway?"

"No particular reason." His brother blatantly lied.

"Mmm." Klaus replied. "Careful brother, you can barely handle one leading lady, let alone two."

"Speaking of leading ladies." Elijah said, gesturing down to where Fiore had walked in. "Excuse me."

She looked the most beautiful he had ever seen her and he couldn't tell if it was because he had missed her so much or whether that was just how much her beauty had radiated. He had managed to lock eyes with her and he had shot her a warm smile but she merely rolled her eyes at him as she made her way through the crowd.

"Hello Blossom." He said softly, knowing she could hear him from where he was. She paused and Klaus knew she had heard but she didn't even grant him so much as a glance. He had made a mess and he didn't know how to clean it.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! Comment, vote and follow if you did! Until next time! Love you as always! X