10: it's over now.

Start from the beginning

He came into my view quickly, looking at me before he looked over my shoulder at Bryan. His lip curled every so slightly as he stepped closer to me, pulling me into his arms. I did my best not to roll my eyes at his gesture.

"Hey, handsome." I smiled genuinely at him.

"And you are?" Bret practically burst out at the other man beside me.

"Bryan Drake."

"My ex husband." I gave him a sarcastic smile before looking up at Bret.

"Oh? And you just decided to drop by? How convenient." Bret smiled fakely.

"Something like that." Bryan snapped at my boyfriend.

"Alright. Put your testosterone aside and let me talk." I put my hands on both their chests and shoved them back a little.

"Bret, I love you very much. Go in the kitchen for a little bit and I'll be in there in a second." I turned to him and pouted my lip out slightly. Knowing he couldn't resist it.

"Dammit fine." He grumbled, pressing a kiss to my forehead before he kissed me deeply and left.

"He's a... different than I expected?" Bryan rubbed the back of his neck.

"He is." I nodded in agreement.

"So... friends?" He said awkwardly.

"Bryan... I don't know. Our chapter has ended. It's best it stays that way." I shook my head.

"This is it then?" He asked, forcing a smile.

"Yeah. This is it." I cleared my throat.

"I wish I was better to you." Bryan shook his head and pushed his hair back, keeping his smile.

"You're a good guy, Bryan. You're just not the good guy for me." I gave his shoulder a soft pat.

"Goodbye, Kat." He looked down at me. His blue eyes full of emotions I could read but I chose not too. I couldn't.

"Goodbye, Bryan." I breathed out, closing my eyes as he walked past me. His hand gave mine a squeeze before he walked out the front door.

I pulled my hands through my hair and sauntered into the kitchen, opening my eyes before I grabbed a cup from my cupboard.

"Why was he here?"

"He just showed up." I shrugged, pouring some milk into my glass.

"Without any warning?" Bret asked suspiciously.

"If you're implying that I invited him over, think again. I haven't talked to him since our divorce three years ago." I forced the milk jug into his hands, turning on my heel.

"How did he get in?"

"I apparently didn't change my locks. Or lock my fucking doors, so you idiots keep coming in." I hissed, leaning against the counter.

"He just waltz's in here and expects you to take him back or something?" Bret wondered, grabbing himself a chair at my island.

"I don't think so. It sounded like he wanted closure." I replied honestly.

"He's had three years to seek our closure from you. Why tonight of all nights?" The man before me was now boring his eyes into me.

"Bret, it doesn't matter. It's over now." I sighed heavily.

"Why are you hounding me with questions I don't know the answers to? Huh? If you want to know so bad go and fucking ask him!" I asked starting to get annoyed by his attitude, slamming my glass down on the counter and glared at him.

"I'm just saying! It's awful damn weird how he comes around the night we find out you're expecting my child." He shrugged.

I scoffed, smiling as I felt the anger start to fuel my veins. I laughed, turning around and putting my glass into my sink.

"You're such an asshole. You think I tracked down my ex to come here and try and make him jealous. But really, you're jealous! I didn't do anything, Bret. But good job." I shook my head and started out of the kitchen.

"Kat!" He started coming after me.

"No! Don't touch me!" I held my hand up and scowled at him. He haulted in his steps, frowning at me.

"Until you can apologize and actually mean it.... and think about what you just said to me. And about our child. Sleep on the couch." I turned my back and walked into my bedroom, slamming the door.

______________________________

Wow.
That happened.

So Bryan isn't all that bad.
He's just a guy who is trying to right his wrongs.

Bret and Kat can't catch a break. Oof.

Until next time. ; )