Captured

The room felt dark, small and intimidating. The cold air that blew across the room brought continuous shivers throughout my body. I couldn't hear a thing about except for the howling wind outside. I shivered involuntarily as the cold started to crawl on my skin. It was impossible for me to comfort my shivering form as I was bound to a chair with my hands tied behind my back and my feet to the legs of the chair. I struggled to find a flaw in the bonds but it was hopeless. My eyes couldn't search my surroundings because of the thick, odious cloth tied there making them useless. The stench inside the place I was held was pungent, one which was to the point of unbearable. I resisted the urge to vomit. Hairs on my skin started to rise from the chilling effect I had evoking in me. The situation I was in left me feeling helpless. It felt as if had been in this place for weeks now but I knew it wasn't that long. My body felt dehydrated and my lips cracked at their dryness. I yearned to feel the cooling sensation as I water trickled down my throat, quenching my thirst. Just thinking about it made me feel hopeless. Licking my lips, I felt a sting upon contact. I could tell I was in here for a couple of hours but I couldn't tell exactly what time it was. I was trapped and there was nothing I could do at the moment. The air around me was murky and damp. Cold sweat trickled down my shivering form. Ben was dumb as a door post but whoever that woman he was partnering with or working for, she was good. Too good! I almost had them.

Almost.

I remembered Ben being drunk and was on the brink of confessing every little detail to me. I had the location of the files, how the ideas were put in place to complete the plan, how they communicated and all I needed was a tiny detail.

A tiny detail. Sigh! But unfortunately that lady behind the scenes had to interrupt. She just had to call. Right at that exact moment when I needed a single detail and was about to receive it. It was as if she had that inkling feeling, wherever she was, that something wasn't right. Ben was clueless the entire time. He was so caught up in the aura of the night club that he hardly noticed that I was fishing for information. But no. This is Rosa and she never gets anything handed to her on a silver platter.

I rolled my eyes through the blindfold.

Now look where I am. In a damn room that stinks like something died in here. I tried pulling at the ropes but it was useless. They were wrapped tightly around my hands and feet. I glowered at this. I had to find a way out of this. Who knows what they have planned for me.

What if I died today?

No

I couldn't.

Not without solving this thing first. I made a promise and I don't plan on going back on it. I started thinking about different possibilities of escape but each time I came up blank. Firstly, I was tied up without possibility of escape and then I couldn't fight to save my life.

What would Seb do without me?

Who is going to laugh at his jokes or give him a smile when he needs it the most. Who will be there to change his diapers when he gets old.

Well I'll be old as well but that's besides the point.

Seb needs me.

And what about Mr. Richards. Who's going to replace me.

He seems to be doing fine at the moment without you Rosa.

Oh shut up!

Who else is going to have the guts to annoy him everyday. Who else is going to keep his company when he's all alone up there in his little office.

The door made a click as it opened. I quickly snapped out of it. In walked someone I couldn't identify because of the blindfold. I cringed internally. My breathing picked up from all the anticipation building up inside me. I shifted a little about on the chair but there were restrictions because of the bonds on me. All I could think about at that moment was, how did I end up in this mess?