Bitter young Mr Richards

My mind was swirling. It was like an unsolved jigsaw puzzle with millions of pieces. Hard to complete. The questions in my mind had no response to them. I wanted answers. Since ole' man Mr Richards was retired, what will become of me. I know that I was still a secretary but how will I cope. I'm not used to adapting well to changes.

I fiddled with my bracelet as I awaited the elevator. I wanted everything to turn out perfect. Like the way it once was. I didn't even know Mr Richards had a son this old that would be taking over the company. I wonder if whoever the man may be, if we'll get along well. I mean, I'm not necessarily known to start off with a good work relationship with my coworkers or bosses.

God help me. Put this mouth of mine on a tight leash. 

The elevator came cutting me off my internal conflict. I stepped in and was about to press the button for the top floor but just as the elevator was about to close, someone stepped in.

I was awestruck. I've seen a lot of men in my days, not that I'm old or anything, but nothing compares to this fine specimen before my eyes. He was beautiful, if men could ever be considered beautiful. Masculinity was obviously in his nature. Strong jawline, bulging muscles, not to mention those piercing blue orbs. They were almost frost like from afar. The suit he wears compliments his look really well. Spontaneously.

"Press the top floor will you," he demanded at me.

And that is why I don't appreciate the male species. They absolutely have no manners and are a bad example of the human race.

"Um," I paused for a while, "don't you have capable hands?"

He gave me a long, hard stare. If eyes could kill people then trust me, I'd be dead meat already.

His jawline tightened as though his teeth were clenched. Very proudly, hard yet so gracefully he moved his hand to press the button for the top floor. It felt like eternity till we reached our destination. The ride felt agonising. It was slow and the tension was so thick you could figuratively cut through it with a knife. It was a relief when the door finally opened and what joy it was when I felt myself relax. I walked to my office and placed my bag down on my desk. I took some time to collect myself before going to the office of my new employer. Oh what a dreadful day already.

You can do this, absolutely no need to freak out.

I knocked on his office door. Behind it came a strong, leveled voice. "Enter."

I breath out calming myself before strutting inside.

"Good morning sir," I greeted as I walked deeper inside the office. I really didn't expect this sight. I know a spacious room when I see it but this, this us the definition of scanty. "What stinginess you possess in such high accord," I blurted out. Truthfully, that wasn't suppose to slip out. I was planning to politely introduce myself with the respect I was so properly raised with.

My eyes widened as I gripped the bracelet on my arm for dear life. I couldn't believe I said that. Well, I can, just not so soon. No wonder ole' man Richards referred to me as the Queen of first impression. I paused at his desk. "My most sincere apologies for the rude outburst. I can't promise it will never happen again but I'll make sure to keep it intact for occasions such as this one." I truthfully said. My mouth doesn't really know such a thing as keeping thoughts in which is a bad habit of mine, at times.

The man before me finally glanced up. I rolled my eyes on impulse.

Of course it's him.

Who else would it possibly be. From I started working here, no one was allowed on the top floor except Mr Richards and I or a close family member. Staff workers were only allowed up here briefly if the work is required to be delivered at hand and of course, I didn't see him with any work.