A Mole

"It's considered."

I looked at Mr Steele in confusion. "What is?"

"Your going to be the path between Mr Richards and I. Since he hasn't complained about your appearance on the top floor then you'll make the perfect person for the job. I know it looks like it's not much but it certainly is an important role." 

I creased my brows in wonder. "So what happened to the other guy?"

"He was relocated." He gave a curt response.

Hmm! I wonder why?

"Why?" Something flashed in his eyes before he answered me. I couldn't tell what it was but that simple look raised my curiosity at the most heightened level. 

"He got a better offer," he spoke in the most annoyed tone. 

Twat.

"So basically, I'm the bridge between two worlds." I said letting what he said earlier sink in.

"If you consider it so." He nodded briefly without looking up from his work at me. He continued to scribble something on a document before him. I waited for him to elaborate but he did not spare me a glance.

Cantankerous bastard!

"Okay, so what am I supposed to do now?" I questioned with an arched eyebrow.

He took out a stack of files from out of his top drawer. "Deliver these," he smirked wickedly at me.

I gulped.  How was I supposed to cope in this place.

I decided to make a U-turn before going to the top floor. I may not be his secretary anymore but I'm not oblivious to things. Especially things concerning him as much as I hate to admit it.

On reaching the top floor, I knocked on his door. His usual dominating voice came booming from behind the thick wooden door with a command. I opened it and walked through.

"Again, I see Miss Jones." He said without looking up.

"How...how did you know?" I stuttered in disbelief.

"Your presence Miss Jones, it's an enigma to me." There was a hidden puzzle in his words that I had no clue on how to solve.

I said nothing regarding that because frankly, I had nothing to say but I couldn't help but be puzzled by his statement. What could he mean by that?

The object in my hands allowed me to remember why I was holding it at the moment. It's presence brought a strain to my hand although it wasn't weighty.  I walked up to his desk and placed it down.

"I brought you coffee sir."

He looked me dead in the eye. As if searching. I knew he wanted to ask why but he dared not utter a word. I think he's too supercilious for that.

I decided to be the better person and just assent my reason.

"Look, I know I'm no longer your secretary and though I'm not alright with it, I've learned to endure it but I'm not going to turn a blind eye to a person who needs a hand as much as he's too proud to admit. I was taught better and my ways aren't going to waver over silly things. Whether you accept my help or not is up to you but that truly doesn't mean I'm going to just give up." I took a deep breath because of how fast I spoke and how determination coursed through my veins.

Without uttering a word, he took the cup in his grasp. He may not say how grateful he felt but I could tell he was, whether or not he's was willing to acknowledge it.

"Besides, what type of person will I be if a ignore the needs of someone I'll be working with from now on," I said to him with a forming smirk on my face.