Transferred

I walked inside the department. Eyes gazed at me out of curiosity while some looked simply uninterested. I looked around the building. Cubicles were rowed down on the floor. I put a smile on my face and got my acting in place. If I do this, it had to be the right way.

I walked to the main office and knocked before waltzing in. I didn't bother to wait on a reply.

"Excuse me Miss, you can't barge in here like that," a weighty looking man said to me. I scanned his physique. He was overweight almost to obesity. His bulging stomach could hardly fit inside the suffocating shirt around it. With his tiny head, it almost looked like the body didn't match. Perspiration soaked his shirt in wet patches. I resisted the urge to gag.

Instead, I giggled out.

"Forgive my intrusion dear sir, I wasn't really thinking. You see, I could've sworn you told me to come in," I chided twirling around my brunette hair.

"Well, you certainly heard wrong. I will excuse this behavior this one time. Now, who are you?" He asked pointedly.

"Oh, where's my manners. Forgive me, Miss Rosa Jones," I extended my hands, "at your service sir."

The burly man got up from his chair. It was quite slowly really, and a tad bit amusing. His weight looked like it would bring him down any minute now. He proved me wrong though, because he was up on those....

...what do you call those?....

... humongous feet.

Oh well.

"I heard you were coming, didn't expect you this soon. I'm Mr Perkins and I must say, you have an impressive file for a...," he looked for a word.

"Beautiful, spontaneous, delectable person," I added to his thinking, "or do you prefer loudmouth, ill-mannered and quite frankly bold person."

He looked at me with wide eyes. A broad smile made its way to my face. "I prefer the latter one actually, I mean, who likes to be perfect." Disbelief was evident on his face. He took a few seconds before he sighed and turned around.

"Come, have a seat," he said to me walking to his chair. I plopped down on the chair ungracefully and popped the gum I was chewing in my mouth before resuming chewing again. "It is within my knowledge that you've been transferred from the accounting department. Why is that so?" He inquired.

I clicked my tongue, "They think I'm more expertise in this field."

He nodded his head. Taking up a black phone, he dialed a number. "Come to  my office right now," he said before hanging up and placing the phone in its holder.

A few minutes later a knocked sounded from the other side of the door.

"Come in,"  the man said almost breathlessly.

That man is in need of some serious exercise, loosing some acres will do him justice because certainly pounds will look like he isn't even trying. Man!

I turned around to a woman entering the office. She looked around my age but more slender and taller than me. She walked up to us. While she walked gracefully, her healthy blonde locks swept about elegantly in the light wind. Her green eyes wondered over to me for a second before looking at Mr Perkins.

"Miss Rosa Jones, this is Annabeth Jordan."

We looked at each other, both studying the flaws and perfections accentuated to one another. As if satisfied with what each other saw, a smile broke out on our faces the same time. I stood up.

"Pleasure to meet you," I said holding my hand out.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine," she stated in her sugary voice.