Assistant (x2)

"Miss Rosa Jones, meet Miss Portia Hutchinson. The two of you gained position in this company with the status of my temporary personal assistants," Mr Richards spoke.

That sentence ended me right at that moment. I didn't even have time to ponder why he didn't introduce me as Rosalie. And no we didn't shake hands neither was it nice to meet her.

Temporary?

Two of us?

This wasn't what I'd expected some moments ago.

My arrival to the top floor was same as always. I came on time and went straight towards Mr Richards' office. Only it wasn't the same. In his office was another woman. A blonde beauty. Perfectly aligned features with a touch of grace. She could easily fit the role of a model with a body like hers. She was definitely gorgeous from her neatly styled hairdo to her wonderfully done makeup. Her clothes hugged her body showing all the right implications. To my dismay, she wasn't an important client I at first thought her to be.

So wrong.

"Have a seat Miss Jones." That was the first thing he said to me after I greeted both of them. Then came that statement. Those dreaded ear piercing words. My eyes twitched. I could feel myself gripping the seat for dear life. I couldn't believe it. I came to work with the intention of being Mr Richards only personal assistant. Now I am hearing this.

"I gave you both this position with the intention of choosing one of you by the end of a three week period. I expect to see only the best of each task given which means you should be working efficiently on each work you receive. Is that clear?" He asked looking at both of us with frosty eyes. I however, could see nothing of that sort because of my absent mind. I gripped the seat harder as anger and disappointment flowed through me.

I couldn't make sense of it all. I was sitting at home for so long only to come here and be subjected to this. Maybe if I just kept my tongue I wouldn't be in this position right now.

Damn you Mr Richards.

You insolent piece of sh-

"Miss Jones," Mr Richards called in a tone that simply spat ice, breaking my chain of thoughts.

"Yes," I asked a little out of it, my hands loosening it's grip on the seat.

"Is that clear?" I knew Mr Richards was not one to repeat himself and for him to do exactly that meant that he wasn't in the slightest bit pleased.

"Yes," I squeaked. This was unusual because I've never seen Mr Richards like this. I've felt the ice, I've felt the cold, I've felt the frost bites but something I've never felt was the anger. He was angry, although he didn't show it. I felt every bit of it.

"Yes what?"

"Yes sir," I bowed my head in submission. I was weak and I didn't like it. I was weak before him and I didn't understand it.

"Adequate."

Mr Richards was angry because of me. I could feel his disapproval seeping over at me. Why did I feel like this.

"You may leave," he dismissed us. I got up from my seat shakily and was about to leave when he stopped me. "Not you Miss Jones. I would like to have a word." My heart skipped a beat at that moment. I sank back in my seat with nothing but a wait of dreaded doom. "Miss Hutchinson," he stopped her. "You'll find your work on  the desk in the office provided for you."

"Noted Mr Richards." I gaped. Even her voice sounded angelic. I can't believe it. The woman left his office a few seconds later.

"Come here Miss Jones," he said without looking up from his work. I stood up and walked over to him. I stood there and waited for him to say something. It took a moment and then he turned his chair to face me.