Playing the Game

I was instructed to come to work early today for the sake of being undiscovered. Arriving before everyone takes a toll on your body since you have to wake up an unusual time in the morning which your body really don't appreciate so it decides to start malfunctioning making you trip more times than your useless brain can keep track of. To put it simply, I was a walking zombie.

I walked into the office and went up to the desk taking a seat right in front of Mr Richards himself. He looked up giving me his renowned, shivering cold stare.

"I see you've forgetten your manners Miss Jones," he warned me to think about my options wisely. I was too out of it to think straight so I had no reason to fear his decisions.

"I'm afraid it hasn't clocked in yet since this isn't it's usual hour so you have to see with me for now."

"Your one of the most infuriating woman I've ever laid eyes upon." He told me as if sighing.

"I try to be sir," I yawned out unladylike.

He looked at me with something in his eyes that my brain has no means of deciphering. "Report."

"So, I accidentally uncovered some perpetrators of the Duncan's case," I notified him, "and found out that one of them is the Ben guy and the other is Mr Perkins. Somehow, a third party is involved but I didn't recognize her voice so I really can't tell who it is yet. When I overheard the two talking, Ben said he was going to come on to me and try to find out what I knew but I can use that as an advantage to get hard evidence against them."

His appearance was nowhere near pleased. I had a gut feeling about it. Or maybe it was the way his gaze hardened and the line between his lips thinned straightly or the way his jaws were locked mechanically in a tight grip.

Nope I think it's the gut feeling.

His gaze was somewhere close to murderous. "More than one. Interesting," he looked calculating for a while. "I want you to work double time on this case. Don't miss a single detail and don't lose focus by any chance. Is that clear?"

"Crystal," I replied.

"Review these," he ordered placing documents before me.

"Now," I graved.

He stared at me with a gaze only the gods could withstand.

"Of course sir," I said taking up the documents and getting to work.

Miss Jones do this.

Miss Jones do that

Soon I'll be hearing, Miss Jones clean my toilet.

Miss Jones iron my clothes.

Miss Jones

Miss Jones

Miss Jones.

Bastard!

"As much as I see that you're being productive, do that at the sofa because with that face now, it's guaranteed to move mountains and it's never in a good way," he spoke, barely looking up from what he was doing.

I touched my face in disbelief. Moving my hands around and around trying to pick up the flaw in just spoke about.

"Huh." The only thing capable of leaving my mouth at the moment.

He gave me a 'I don't repeat myself look.'

Getting up, I all but skipped to the sofa. I was in no mood to argue with that man. The part of me still in function said I needed sleep.