Nightly Adventure

"Try to have more stability next time," he told me once I was seated properly.

I was about to open my mouth to curse him to hell but the driver interrupted.

"Sir we have arrived," the driver informed Mr Richards.

Mr Cold, unruly and undoubtedly his Majesty got out and I followed subtly behind him. Again, I kept falling behind because of his long strides. They didn't seem to falter one bit and his very presence gave off pride, dominance, tycoon. The repercussions- fear, envy, severe sweating- and last but certainly not least, women magnet. I didn't bother to try to put on my shoes but ran up to where he was at the moment. When we reached inside, the building was basically empty except for the few night security guards around.

He walked to the elevator and I followed him like a lost puppy.

"Come quickly Miss Jones, we don't have time to waste." For someone just coming in the business world he looked so experienced. I was heaving but I followed anyway. I reached the elevator just in time before it closed. I took a deep breath to try calming my raging heart.

Clutching my heels, I moved to the other side of the elevator away from his cold demeanor.

Who am I kidding, someone like him could never look at me in any way but as an employee.

I stared at him through my peripheral vision. He was just too perfect. Domineering figure, good rank in the business world, an eligible bachelor for God sakes. All he needs now is a beautiful woman who fits up to his standards. Who to tell, he may even have one already.

"Miss Jones, is there something interesting on my face that requires you to grace your eyes upon?" he almost looks like he is raising an eyebrow.

Almost.

I jolted in surprise before shaking my head no, turning my gaze to the floor but quickly corrected my mistake. "No sir."

"Then why do you look?" He asked.

"If only I know." Muttering under my breath.

The elevator pinged saving me from giving an answer.

Or that's what I thought.

"Miss Jones," he froze me in place as I was about to walk out. A chill circulated throughout my body making unable to suppress a shiver. His dominant stance demanded an answer.

"I don't know okay. Maybe it's because I want to know what makes you, you. Your like a piece of puzzle that I can't put together. But the thing is, I don't want to figure you out," I sighed out frustrated, " because I like the way you are. A mystery. It's better that way." Or maybe I'm afraid of what I'll find when I finally put the missing piece together.

His eyes bored through me as if he was reading what I'm thinking at the moment. I turned my head away unable to keep eye contact. He walked out and I waited to put some distance between us before walking out after.

We walked directly to his office. Entering, he went to his desk and started up his laptop. I was about to ask him what he wanted me to do, when he spoke.

"Have a seat Miss Jones," he gestured to the seat in front his desk. I did just that before giving him my full attention.

He went inside a drawer and pulled out a load of brown folders. "Sort out these files numerically and alphabetically then I want you to file them in the drawer over there." He handed me the files.

I have a better idea. Why don't I just chop you up in tiny disposable pieces and lock you away from the earth you've been polluting with your presence.