Taking a Stand

"I presume you've mastered the art of knocking since you showed up at work today. Am I right Miss Jones?" He mocked though I really wasn't sure. His demeanor gave away nothing.

"Certainly Sir," I told him. I was really getting fed up of him.

"Adequate." Now I was getting irritated.

"I wonder which you'd prefer sir?" I frowned a bit and turned around to walk to the door. I closed the door in front of me as I continued. "Is it the really loud banging," I banged loudly on the thick wooden door, "or the relatively consistent pounding?" I pounded continuously on the door before stopping and walking back inside. "I really can't decide, how about you?" I smirked intentionally at him.

Damn! Why couldn't I think before speaking or even acting.

Here comes his renowned cold stare. It never fails to amaze me.

"You have an option Miss Jones," he started speaking looking me straight in the eyes. "You can either stand here and make a gobshite of yourself like you do on the usual or, you can get to work which would be the most constructive thing you've ever done since I got here. Are you incapable of being productive Miss Jones?"

I gritted my teeth, "Of course not Sir."

What a jerk!

At this moment I was inside his office trying to so dearly greet him Good Morning and he had to bring up what happened yesterday. I should be the one talking about it since all I dreamt last night was about his undeniably good structured physique. I couldn't stay still in my bed last night. It's like I was incapable.

I really hate that word.

"I will head off to my office now sir," I was furious with him. Or more with myself. I guess I was just frustrated. Life has a way of catching up with you as much as your trying to avoid the situation. I've been so caught up in my work that I clearly forgot about my outside life. Maybe it's just the transition catching up with me or the idea of working with someone so young.

So handsome.

So structured.

Ugh.

Life is a cruel thing. I've been so ignorant that it just decided to throw it right inside my face. Everyday to be exact.

What if I do something impulsive? I've been known as impulsive. What if I screw things up?

Life's a bitch. I just feel like to show it a middle finger all day but...

....karma is no different. It'll just backfired and bite me right in the ass.

Great!

"One more thing Miss Jones before you leave," he stopped me. I turned and faced him. He took a minute before he spoke. "Why did you not apply in a garrulous profession instead of secretary work after all you're a rather loquacious person."

I flushed in both embarrassment and anger. I turned around rather bashfully and left.

I drowned myself in work to get my head off this morning. By the time I was finished, it was the hour of the lunch period. I was glad in fact because my best friend, more like a brother really, is here back at work from a long vacation. Well technically not a vacation, he was training to become a financial analyst courtesy of the company.

"Sebastian," I squealed and ran to hug him. He was sitting at a lunch table with his favorite meal, pizza. Can't anyone mess with that pizza of his.

"Rosie," his eyes lit up as he saw me. He got up and with inviting arms he took me in and accepted my hug. I held him tight as I inhaled is scent. I just can't help it, he smells so good. Well I can think of one person who could beat this cologne.