Trapped

Now the alarm was blasting through my ears. I felt so tired that my eyes kept drooping. When I was about drift back to sleep something came to my mind. Something that made my whole entity freeze.

'Miss Jones', you could hear the cold dripping off every letter contorting a chilling sensation within.

Darn it.

I bolted out of my bed and ran straight to the bathroom. In no time I was out the house and in a cab. As I reached the elongated building, I took a deep breath as chills ran down my back. It feels like winter every time I near this building. There is just something always cold about the air here.

"Good morning Mr Richards," I told him in his office when I reached the top floor.

"Five seconds late Miss Jones," he said without looking up. I stared at him with wide eyes.

Seconds, really! Not even minutes, seconds. Unbelievable.

"Now Miss Jones, I'm a man that honors punctuality so that means I don't appreciate tardiness," ice penetrated through my entity, "let this be your last warning."

"Certainly sir." I sighed.

Dimwit.

"Now get to work before you waste anymore time." I turned away embarrassed.

He's even more lovelier than I remember, I'm shivering from ice cold right now.

I walked out obediently.

Knucklehead.

For the rest of the morning I worked my butt off. I was becoming frustrated by the minute.

"Miss Jones, call the driver and inform him we'll be leaving in the next hour. Be ready." I rolled my eyes but did as I was told before walking down to the cafeteria.

"So what's up in the Eden's world?"

At the moment I was at lunch with Seb. He named the top floor the Eden's world and Mr Richards and I the First people. According to him, we were the only man and woman on the top floor so it's only reasonable that we are termed that way. I'm considered Eve while Mr Richards is Adam. I laughed when I heard the term but now I was getting annoyed.

"Will you stop that," I complained, "it's annoying."

"That's the whole point sweetheart," he laughed out. "I want details now."

I began telling him what happened. Everything from yesterday to a while ago.

"So you think he knows?" He whispered at me with unfocused eyes.

I shrugged my shoulders in response. "I don't know. Maybe he does," I paused for a while, "it was just the way he looked at me last night. It's like he knew about everything."

"But that's impossible. He can't know, you destroyed all trace."

"That's what bothers me," I whispered out, "what if I didn't destroy everything." I held my head down.

"You have to find out what he knows," Seb told me.

"How?"

"You'll figure that out. You always do." He reassured me. "Now go get ready before your lover gets angry."

"He's not my lover," I blushed.

"Oh, but you want him to be."

Curse you Mr Richards.

"No I don't," I said.

"Keep telling yourself that," he chuckled out at me.

I walked off fed up of arguing. I knew I couldn't win against him. Seb and I have known each other for a long time. We've been through so much together to give up now. Sometimes he just annoys me though.