Chapter 5: Avoiding Love- Part 1

Melo's POV:

I don't know what Austin did to Lauryn but she been out of it since Friday. "Am I REALLY going to have to force it out of you?" Lauryn looks at me in confusion while I sigh rubbing my temples.  "I will count to 5 and one of two things can happen. 1.) You can tell me WILLINGLY or 2.) I can tickle you to death and no I am not bluffing, the choice is yours babe".  She finally looks at me with irritation all on her face. "Mel, I love you but please leave me alone. My mind is filled and I haven't been this confused in a LONG time so just let me think ok? I swear as soon as I figure out what the hell I am feeling, I will tell you. For now let's just do our job" Lauryn says so distraughtly that I shut my mouth. I nod silently then go to the lockers to change for my shift. I bite my lip thinking then open up my phone to get some answers. 

To: Texas Boy 😋

From: Me 

Yo Texaswe gotta talk. Meet me in an hour during our break

I start to pull my pants up as my phone lights up again then I rush to check it. 

To: Me

From: Texas Boy 😋

Did I do something? Is Lauryn ok? Have you heard from her? We haven't talked since she... know what? Nevermind 😭

To: Texas Boy 😋

From: Me

👀 got something to tell me? Just remember, I grew up boxing 💪🏽💪🏽

To: Me

From: Texas Boy 😋

Ummm 😳... we'll talk in person alright? See you later. 

I smirk at the thought of intimidating him then go take some orders down. "Welcome to Johnny Rockets. I am your waitress Melody this afternoon, what would you like to order?".  "How about a Chocolate shake and your number?" I pause and count to 5 to calm down before I sock the pervert in the throat.  "How about the shake and JUST the shake? Or some actual food 'cause my number is not on the menu" I write the order in the notepad and start to walk away but I feel my wrist get tugged. I snatch their hand so fast that I could've broken it. "Do you have a death wish or do you attack all waitresses at their fucking job?!" I exclaim in pure annoyance. "I-I just wanted your n-number, I didn't mean any harm!" The person says in a girlish tone. I look down and gasp letting go of the perv who is actually a girl. "I am so sorry, guys just LOVE fucking with me while I am working and I'm already having a shit day and I'm pretty sure I'm starting my p- oh my god WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS?!" I blush furiously and sprint to the freezer for an ice pack. What was I thinking? Boss would have my HEAD if he knew what just happened. Don't people know how to ask for dates anymore? I could strangle that girl! I shake my head and angrily shove ice into a baggy. "What is going on, Do I need to open up a can of whoop ass or are you good?" Lauryn asks me with a crazy look in her eye.  I start hysterically laughing as Lauryn keeps asking what was up with me. "I am fine boo, just some crazy girl trying to get my attention in a bizarre way" I explain to her what happened and now she is cracking up too. "Aww so little bit got a little crush on my wife huh? Maybe I should talk to her" I slam Lauryn into the wall yelling "DO NOT DO THAT!" She snatches my hands off of her shoulders then flips to press me against the wall while breathing really hard. "Melody Cordero, what the hell did I tell you about slamming me?" I quietly apologize and she lets me go smirking. "Well look at the time, I have to go for my break. I'll see you later?" I ask and she nods waving goodbye. I blow her a kiss then head to the cab service to meet this boy for some answers.