Chapter 16: Operation Get Her Back pt. 1

Austin's POV:

It has been exactly 4 weeks since Lauryn has talked to me or been home. I am losing my mind but because of guilt, I won't call her. Where did it all go wrong, Why did I have to say that?

*Flashback*

"AUSTIN CARTER MAHONE GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!" Lauryn exclaims from downstairs. As I'm rushing but taking my time to get there I'm mentally thinking of what I did to piss her off. "Do you have anything to TELL or SHOW me?" She crosses her arms. "No, not that I know of, did something happen baby?" I regret answering at all when I see her eyes tear up. "So now we propose then lie to our fiancée's face? Real mature prick" I suddenly realize the problem and try to explain myself. "No need FIANCE, Gary already told me all about it" I paused then flipped it on her. "So we go meet up with other men and not say anything? Real mature Lauryn" she rolls her eyes then says "You let me see Yugyeom so what's the problem?" I sigh annoyed. "Yugyeom is our brother and has always thought of you in a  brotherly way. Gary admitted his attraction towards you the first day I met him" ''That does not excuse the fact that you got in a fight and I had to find out from someone other than YOU. What am I supposed to think when you hide something like this, What else could you be hiding from me?" I roll my eyes now and my inner idiot takes over. "There you go letting your trauma control your feelings again. If you don't trust me so much then why are you here?" Her eyes glaze over and she heads to the room painfully quiet. After 20 minutes she walks into the living room with all of her stuff packed. "I am obviously a problematic trauma-filled person so I will make things easier and leave" I tried apologizing but she didn't budge so the dickheaded ego took over and made things worse. "It was only a matter of time with this 'everyone hates me' attitude of yours. Stay safe out there" I slam the door with tears rushing down.

*End of Flashback*

I haven't eaten properly since that night. I can't ask any of her friends about her or check myself because she turned her phone off. I woke up to the doorbell ringing and I hoped it was her. Instead I was met with a little but strong fist to the face. "I knew I shouldn't have allowed you to steal her heart!" She keeps hitting me but I'm too weak to block it. "Mel, he is obviously regretful, calm down," Kammy said holding her smaller friend back. "You better pray that she isn't dead somewhere because you will be next and I won't hesitate to plead guilty" I shake in a ball crying. "Look Austin, I know you are missing her like we are but this is unhealthy. You gotta shower, eat, maybe take a rest? Lauryn would kill me if she saw you like this" I shut her out. "어이! 여동생 미쳤어? 다시 전화해줘 걱정하기 싫어(Hey! sister, are you crazy? Call me back. I don't want to worry)" Yugyeom says on the phone, desperately. "Where could she have gone so suddenly and without saying anything?" Kat asks. "Last time she ran off like this was when she went to Korea. You think she went back there?" Mel says. "One way to find out. Anyone down for a trip?" I get up to pack. "What about work? Unlike Texas Boy here, we can't afford a sudden trip to another country" She glares at him then plops on the couch. "Look, come with me or not I'm going to find my baby alright? I screwed up and it is killing me inside. I know y'all probably don't trust me right now but I'm not coming back until I find her" I tear up and continue packing. "Mama, I know you hate lying but it is for a good cause and I need you. You'll do it? You're the best mama! Ok so please call my job and tell them you need me for a few weeks. I need you to be dramatic yet believable. Thanks, mama, I love you!" Kammy ends the call then agrees to join me. "I forgot to mention but I have to go back for work anyway so I'm down" she pouts at Yugyeom but is happy they can go together. "I have school and work, send my love" Mel says and Kammy groans. "Dude we get paid leaves and vacations, take the damn trip with us!" Her jaw drops and she instantly calls her boss to ask for time off. Since the boss is hard on her though she can only stay 2 weeks. "Bastard" she mutters while her girlfriend kisses her head. "I can watch your siblings if you want Kam," Kat said and Kammy thanked her. "Let me call them to let them know so they don't treat you like a substitute teacher" We laugh then everyone goes home to pack while I think of the ultimate apology while taking a well overdue shower.