Chapter 4: Music and Catering To My Future Boo

Lauryn's POV:

Austin was reading over the duet song and I was jotting down notes. I was in my zone trying to focus on the music and this boy kept staring at me. "Are you reading the song throughly or are you too sick? If you are, we can cut this short and get you some soup" I sass with a hidden concern. "Seriously I am fine. Just a little distracted from a message I received earlier" He says looking at me ready to crack up. I press my lips together and shake my head continuing to work on separating the lyrics. "Girlll I couldn't stop thinking about Austin's lips and how soft they were!" Austin says attempting to mock my voice. "I don't sound like that and you should be the LAST one talking child,"I couldn't resist them. They got super pink and I wanted some starburst" I mock him in a fake deep voice and he starts to turn crimson. "So how are we going about this song again?" I laugh at him changing the subject and talk about the order it is going by.

*an hour later*

"You recording your parts now or you wanna do your new song?" Jamen asks me and I chose the new song. "Should I be here for this or do you want me to give you some privacy?" Austin asks and I smile at his concern. "Hun you are sick and I owe you since last night was so hectic" I roll my eyes at the thought of Yaishawn pressing Austin. "It wasn't that bad and I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything so I could just-" I glare at him and he sits down quiet now. I go in the recording room and Jamen starts the track.

Austin's POV:

I honestly wanted to leave because I dont think I can handle Lauryn's vocals. "Brace yourself bro, she might kill you like she does me everytime she sings" Jamen suddenly says before turning the music on.

*beginning chords*

"Look into this mirror tell me
What do you see?

Beautiful can't begin to describe you
Or what you mean to me
Come a little closer to me
Let me see you spin
Want to get inside of your mind
I'll make you let me in
Open up your eyes
To the possibilities
Take it there love the fear
You'd be surprised
How good it feels
To just let go

And breathe, breathe with me
Breathe, breathe with me"

I never heard so much emotion in a voice before, it is truly breathtaking...

"Shadows fall onto our bodies
From a winter sun
Lace on lace in strawberry shades
As we both come undone
Open up your world
Show me the deepest secrets
I would I'd understand
Watching us burn
Into a million pieces
One touch of your hand

Breathe, breathe with me
Breathe, breathe with me"

I look at her and my heart breaks seeing the tears going down her rosy cheeks. I want to go in the booth and hug her but Jamen grabs my arm shaking his head no. I sigh disappointedly and sit back down.

"You can have me
Touch me slowly
Kiss me softly
Take me under
Whisper loudly
Push into me
Mark my body
Lose control now

Take me over (x7)

Breathe
Take me over
Breathe with me
Take me over
Breathe
Take me over
Breathe with me"

She drags on the last note then wipes her eyes. Jamen starts fangirling and I just stand in the back staring at Lauryn mesmerized. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear laughter. Jamen gets ready to leave as Lauryn and I head to the elevator. I break the silence and ask what they were laughing about. "Oh um he was talking about how I made you cry with my vocals and I was like damn I didn't know I was THAT terrible, I made a puppy cry" she says laughing about the conversation. "I was not crying. I will admit that I wanted to run in the booth and hug you when I saw you tearing up after the second verse" She smiles then hugs me and I just breathe in her scent falling into it. "Yea that song brings out some emotions I kind of just sealed away instead of dealing with". I nod understanding what she meant. "Can I ask who the song was about?" She rolls her eyes and continues walking. "Honestly I wrote that about this idiot Yaishawn when I wanted him to admit his feelings like I did. Instead he drop me for a thot who left him in the friendzone unless she wanted some sex" I feel myself getting jealous and angered by the boy but shake that off. "Where do you want to eat?" I ask. Lauryn stops walking and looks at me like I'm a idiot. "You do know you are sick right? You ain't even supposed to be outside. Especially not with no jacket on, what is wrong with you? Didn't your mama ever tell you to dress properly when it is cold out?" She sasses me and I can't help but find it kind of sexy. "W-well she hasn't lived with me for a while now so I kind of just instantly dress how ever". "That's the problem with yall boys, the instant you don't live with your parents no more it's like common sense done left your brain. C'mon child, we going to your house" I chuckle as she grabs my arm and starts to drag me to the cab service place. "You know, you are really cute when your southern mamabear comes out" I tease and she side eyes me. "Just because you are fine don't mean nothing". "So you think I look good?" She rolls her eyes and tells me to go put my address in.