Chapter 17: Operation Get Her Back pt. 2

Lauryn's POV (continued):

With the help of the shots I took, I hop around to greet people but not without popping a few mints in my mouth so they don't smell the alcohol. "You are so beautiful, please tell me you are single!" I laugh shyly then shake my head. "그는 오늘 밤에 올 수 없지만, 저는 약혼했어요. (He can't come tonight, but I am engaged.)" The older guy frowns at my answer while the lady next to him slaps his chest. "야! 그렇게 자신하지 마세요. 그녀는 너의 능력 밖이고 너에게 너무 어리다 (Don't be so confident. She's out of your league and too young for you)" He sucks his teeth turning to her. "여기서 누가 더 나이가 많은지 잊었어요?" (Did you forget who's older than you?) She rolls her eyes then tells me to go before she embarrasses him in front of everyone. I say hello to a few more people before a hand taps my shoulder. "Hi again!" Namjoon says and I grin. "I had no idea my members were such scaredy cats so I'm going to have to bring you to our table" I snicker then follow him. "행동을 잘해라 (behave yourself)" Yoongi not so subtly scolds the others. "Guys, this is Lauryn, she performed tonight remember?" Namjoon states hoping they will ease into a conversation this way. "저는 그것을 그렇게 쉽게 잊을 나이가 아니에요 (I'm not at the age to forget that easily.) Jin sasses him. I hold back my laughter and listen to the conversation. "형, 그 얘기를 꺼내는 건 당신 처지에 도움이 안 돼요.예쁜 여자 앞에서 나를 난처하게 만들지 마세요. (Bro, bringing that up doesn't help you. Don't embarrass me in front of a pretty woman.)" Jimin complains and I blush a bit at the compliment."바보들, 그녀는 당신의 말을 듣고 이해할 수 있습니다. 한 번만 어른처럼 행동해 주세요. (Idiots, she can hear and understand you. Please act like an adult just once.)" Namjoon sighs but I wave it off. "I used to get the same way with my brother when we lived together. Especially  when you don't take breaks from each other, 걱정하지 마세요! (Don't worry!)" I send a sweet smile their way and they get all shy. "누군가의 미소가 이렇게 예쁠 수 있나요? 가능하나요? (Can someone's smile be this pretty? Is it possible?)" Hobi responds in shock and suddenly I'm having a fluster attack from all of the compliments. "Hey, 내 미소는 별로 좋지 않아요. 거짓말하지 마세요!(My smile is not that good. Don't lie!)" I joke but they try to convince me otherwise which helps me forget about my guilt for a while. "Livi you have a performance this weekend so you need to get some more practice and sleep," Jamen says. "No need to stress, she will slay it!" Taehyung holds my arm so I can't leave. "I know she will but they didn't tell me what everyone requested so we must be extra prepared," Jamen answers back and tries to keep a sulky Tae off of me. "Manager is snippy" Namjoon whispers. "Manager is family and my relatives play no games when it comes to our career. I'll see yall this weekend, maybe at the performance?" I look hopeful. "Of course I will be there!" Jungkook exclaims cheesing his cheeks away. "야! 아직 일정을 모르면 지킬 수 없는 약속은 하지 마세요 (If you don't know the schedule yet, don't make promises that you can't keep) Jimin reprimands the youngest but he dismisses him. "저는 이미 매니저에게 그것에 대해 물어봤어요. 사진과 동영상도 많이 찍을 거니까 걱정하지 마세요! (I've already asked the manager about it. I'm going to take a lot of pictures and videos, so don't worry!) He flips his hair then quietly confesses to Namjoon that they all got permission but he loves bullying his tiny short-tempered friend. He laughed and pats Jungkook's head "잘했어 (good job) alright let the beauty get her rest. See you soon, Lauryn" I wave and hug them all. "Have a goodnight guys" We finally leave and I glance behind me giggling at their pouty faces. "They are too cute" We hop in the car shortly. "Now you have more practice buddies and music geniuses by your side" I knock out as soon as I get inside my room. "She wasn't joking about the energy meter thing" My cousin teases then heads to his room.

Jamen's POV:

I left super early in the morning to get Austin and crew without Lauryn knowing. "Yo! What's up man" I dab him and Yugyeom up before giving the girls a welcome hug. "I, unfortunately, don't have room for all of you but I got yall a sweet pent apartment nearby so we could go to the event together" the girls squealed talking about the bathroom's jacuzzi and the space. "Have you heard from Lauryn?" Austin questions me as Mel pops him. "Of course he has, Jamen is closer to Lauryn than any of us could ever be. He does an amazing job at being her brother since Cam isn't around lately" I wince when she mentions my former best friend/cousin. "Lately? Isn't he dead?" Kammy cracks up. "What is up with her telling people that he died?" I roll my eyes and then explain that Cam requested that she say it himself.