Chapter 18: Operation Get Her Back Pt. 3

Recap: "I sent Lauryn early so they don't bump into each other. I also got someone to make sure she stays put" Jamen texts me quietly before driving to the venue. Its showtime!

Mel's POV(continued):

All the performers are arriving around this time and heading to the stage managers to find their dressing room. Thank God that Austin is on the other side of the stage which means we could actually pull this off. "I got Austin, try to distract Lauryn for now," Jamen says and I nod looking for my runaway friend. "MELODY CORDERO!?" I hear a surprised but excited squeal. I turn around to see the girl who has been M.I.A. "Well will you look at this, I'm surprised you even remember me after leaving like the people who love you never existed" I grab her by the neck and she grabs my wrist. "First off, don't threaten me with a good time, and second, I left to forget the fight but yall never left my mind" I glare but eventually release her neck. "You could've gone to mine or Kammy's house. Hell, even Kat would have taken you in! I thought we were past running to a different country when in distress thing, Lauryn" she sighs but takes a seat. "I messed up. You didn't see the way he looked at me" I go sit next to her then grab her hand. "I saw how he looked after you left though. He didn't mean what he said and he knows you didn't either. Yugyeom called me and said that the boy refused to sleep for weeks in case you came home" She cries out when I say that. "I don't control you or how you live your life but yall are engaged ok? People don't spontaneously propose or do everything in their power for someone they don't truly love" she looks at me almost convinced but shakes her head. "Why wouldn't he tell me about the fight if he cares that much then?" I roll my eyes. "Girl, did you let him explain exactly what happened, or did you just go off of what was told to you?" She freezes so I know my assumptions are right. "You get to be mad because he didn't tell you but running off wasn't right. No one got hurt and he made sure that there was a person there to calm it down just in case things got out of hand" she looks confused so I continue. "Meaning whoever told you that people were seriously injured and mess said that purposely to get you and Austin separated" she grits her teeth looking for her phone. "이제 메이크업을 시작해야죠 (I have to start the makeup now) one of the makeup artists shouts from behind the door. "들어오셔도 돼요. 잠시만 기다려 주세요 (You can come in. Please wait a moment) Lauryn says politely after letting the lady in. She sets up at the desk while Lauryn aggressively dials a number. The phone rings a few times before the person picks up. "Yo?" The other person says. "When I see you, it is on-site. You thought my man was scary but you ain't seen me pissed off yet" before they could respond she hangs up. I fear for who has to deal with her wrath but smirk at her calling Austin her man despite their fight. "괜찮아요? (Are you ok?)" She smiles brightly before taking a seat like that conversation didn't just happen. "여기 다 좋아요. 기다리게 해서 죄송해요(Everything here is good. I'm sorry to have kept you waiting)" she waves her off smiling then starts her makeup. "Mel look at the dress and see if it's the right choice" I walk over to the closet and gasped. "I hope Austin doesn't catch a nosebleed" I mutter to myself.

*20 minutes later*

"다 끝냈어요! 아름다우시네요 (I'm done! You're beautiful) Lauryn and I bow thanking the girl before she heads to the next person. "Lauryn you might want to wear that ring on your finger today because you look too good" she laughs at me while finishing off her hair. "They don't want these problems, the most they will do is glance at me" I take the necklace and put it on her. "It goes with the outfit so at least wear it here" she nodded then starts to head out. "Did you see Jamen out there by chance? I texted him but he hasn't responded yet" I think of an excuse trying not to panic. Just as I'm about to say something, he comes in to save the day. "Hello gorgeous and Melo" I flip him off and he blows me a kiss. "When do I go on?" She asks and he explains the whole run down for the show. "A duet? Without Austin, it feels weird singing that song" she sighs sadly. "Miss ma'am, you grew up in acting so channeling emotions is your thing. Just imagine he is there and it will put you at ease" I wink at him. "I wish he was here but he hates me right now" he rolls his eyes and flicks her forehead. "You know damn well my boy don't hate you after a little argument like that. Because he is a man, men don't hate people after misunderstandings. Little boys do" he sasses. "AKA your ex from high school" Lauryn scoffs at me mentioning him but I'm not wrong. "Let's go before I kick your ass!" She pushes us out the door. "It would be an honor to be stomped on by you my queen" I tease and she pinches me while Jamen falls out laughing.