"I love you..." Bret placed his hand on mine.

"I love you too." I whimpered, laying my head onto his shoulder.

He moved his arms around me and pressed a kiss to the top of my head as he sighed. I only closed my eyes and sniffled.

"Kat, why didn't you tell me?" He asked quizishly.

"I wanted to be sure. There was no reason to get psyched out if I'm not actually having a baby, Bret." I admitted, looking down at my feet.

"We aren't ready to be parents. Your career is about to take off and mine is... what mine is. Bret we just started dating like six months ago. We haven't even moved in with each other yet!" I said aloud, gazing up at him in horror.

"You don't know that, Kat." He sighed.

"Yes I do!" I scoffed.

He looked at me and chewed on his lip before he gave me a small smile.

"Katrina, we basically live with each other anyways. We're always with each other. That won't change." Bret chuckled and looked down at me.

"So what we haven't been together for a long time? I know you. And yes. It isn't wonderful timing. But if we are, then we will make it work." He mumbled into my hair.

"It's horrible timing." I laughed a little.

It felt good to laugh. It had been the first time in at least a week I had laughed.

Dr. James came in shortly after and sat down with her chart in her hands.

"Just hit me with the news." I said biting my bottom lip.

"Kat..." Bret said from beside me. He had moved to my side when the doctor had came in.

"I assume this is your husband?" Dr. James asked while looking up at us.

"Something like that." I smirked as I looked at Bret. He looked back at me with a half smirk.

"Alright well. Ms. Drew, you are most definitely pregnant. Congratulations."

"I am?" I forced up a breath and smiled.

I looked over at Bret and stared at him. He his hand had grasped mine tightly.

Just as I smiled at him. All the voices in my head began skimming around. Would we be able to do this? Did Bret want this? What would this mean for my career? What would our baby look like? Will Bret stay with me?

"By the looks of the results from your blood test, I would say you're about twelve weeks along." She nodded at me.

"And healthy?" Bret finally spoke.

"Well, from what we can tell, yes. But an ultrasound will tell us more. I would like to schedule one for next week." The doctor told me as she nodded to me again.

"I'm going to give you two a minute to discuss." She smiled at us before disappearing out the door.

It was quiet. So quiet you could almost hear our thoughts.

"Bret. Say something." I begged as I turned to him.

"Looks like we've got a lot to figure out before eight months flies by."

"That's what you choose to say right now?" I scowled at him.

"Katrina... you're having my kid. There's not much else I can say." Bret chuckled while pushing his curls away from his face.

"If you want out this is your chance before I get too happy and attached. This is your out." I stated seriously as I put my hands over his.

"Do you want me to leave?" He asked raising a brow.