Forty four

Kade P.O.V.

I yawned, stretching my arms up above my head before noticing there wasn't a soft, warm body curled up next to me. Weird. My eyes immediately snapped open, running over the empty space on the right side of the bed.

Glancing up, I noticed the room was completely empty aswell. I pulled on a pair of boxer briefs before stepping out into the hallway and into her bedroom.

Nothing.

"Bels?" I called out down in the bathroom, my voice a little raspier and slower than normal from having just woken up. Returning to my room, I grabbed some more clothes before heading downstairs.

Empty.

I walked upstairs to check her room again.

Alarms went off in my head as this time I noticed her suitcases weren't in their usual position. Frantically, I raced back and checked my phone to give her a call and check for messages. It immediately went to voicemail saying she was unavailable. I hung up and cursed under my breath.

Please tell me she didn't just leave. I ran my hand through my hair agitatedly as I came to terms that she could have just up and left without saying a word. Thinking back, she never did say when she was leaving Newport.

Frustratedly, I hopped in the shower and mulled over what the hell had just happened. My mind flashed back to her happy smiling self as we lay in bed cuddling together. Surely that meant something to her? How could she just leave?

I trudged down the staircase and to the kitchen, where I noticed Oliver and Soph happily tending to breakfast.

"Hey, do you know where Isobel is?" I asked straightaway.

"What do you mean? She flew home early this morning." Soph said, scrunching her eyebrows up in confusion as if my question was odd.

My face dropped. "When?"

"Her flight was at like 7am, 7:30am I think." Soph said, munching on her toast. "But she left at like 5am."

"Oh. Did she um say anything else?"

Soph shook her head slowly. "She only left a thankyou for having me note with the house key."

"Oh. Okay."

I stepped away, disheartened and disappointed by the information.

I heard them quietly murmur to each other before footsteps followed me up the staircase.

"What happened bro?" Oliver questioned, appearing beside me with a look of concern. "You okay?"

I cleared my throat before rubbing the back of my neck. "I don't even know. I thought we were good. Hell, better than good. She was literally just with me? She didn't even tell me when she was leaving. She just left."

He sucked in a breath. "I'm sorry dude. Maybe she got scared and ran? Have you tried to contact her?"

I nodded. "Yeah but she didn't answer."

He smiled encouragingly. "Maybe you can try again later. She could be just busy going back to work or maybe she needs time to think about you."

"Yeah... maybe." I mumbled to myself. "I think I'm gonna go for a run."

"Want me to come with?"