Twenty seven

Isobel P.O.V.

After the lovely tea ceremony, Sophie changed back into her pink dress and those involved in the wedding ceremony headed down together for the rehearsal.

An arm snuck around my waist, spinning me towards him. It could only be one person.

"Guess who the lucky lady is that gets to take a ride with me?"

"Who?" I played clueless. "Oliver's cousin who's been eyeing you for the past 30 minutes?"

"Ooft baby are you jealous?" Kade smirked.

"No," I scoffed. "And I'm not your baby."

He bit his lip. "I love it when you're jealous. So feisty."

I narrowed me eyes at him, before walking off. With quick strides he caught up to me, lacing his fingers through mine.

"Come on, let's go for a ride," he wiggled his eyebrows, dragging me towards his car. I turned in search of Sophie, as I saw her hop into her own car with Oliver and Casey. They started the engine and drove off, leaving a cloud of dust behind. I sighed, I've got no other options now.

I slid into the passenger seat, buckling myself up. He popped on a pair of black sunglasses to block the rays of the late afternoon sun before taking off.

"That was cool huh?" He said absentmindedly as he leaned back in his seat, gently manoeuvring through traffic.

"Yeah," I agreed. "That was really nice to be a part of. I can't wait for tomorrow now."

"It's crazy. Can't believe they're actually doing it. Married. Forever."

"Something wrong with that?" I questioned curiously.

"Well no, but I guess it's a pretty massive deal. And they are really young. I mean, I don't know when I would get married..."

I nodded as I thought to myself. I don't know when I would either. Maybe it just comes with the territory of meeting someone and knowing it feels right to commit to each other forever because you're both in love.

"They're in love. I guess that's all they really need."

"Damn Bels, who you knew were a little romantic and poetic underneath all that."

"Proceed carefully Whitley. What do you mean by all that?" I crossed my arms over.

He shrugged. "Y'know, all that I don't need no man, I'm a bad bitch, I take no prisoners and I can kick your ass attitude."

I chuckled at his description. "Well I'm also just a girl at heart as well. I like love, well heck I probably love, love. It's kind of impossible not to want that."

"Aw look at you, so soft and cute."

"Yeah whatever," I rolled my eyes playfully. "I haven't forgotten how "soft" and "cute" you are."

"Oh I hope you're not talking about my dick." He widened his eyes with a grimace.

I spluttered. "What?! Kade you can't just say those things out loud!"

His large guffaws filled the air accompanied by the sounds of the roaring engine and music in the background.

"You like it," he continued to laugh heartily.

"Oh my god," I groaned, covering my face up.

"You didn't object." He smirked playfully, as we pulled up at the location.

"We're not talking about this anymore!" I said, shaking my head.

We met up at the small courtyard beside the beach, next to where the ceremony will be taking place so we could go through the steps and know our places. I quickly exited the car, forcing myself to not turn around to see his stupidly good-looking smug face. Jacob, Remi, Jenny, Claudia, Casey, Tobias, Oliver and Soph stood gathered around, alongside Oliver's sister and husband with their daughter, and Sophie's parents and cousin.