Forty

Isobel P.O.V.

It was early afternoon and Kade and I had spent the time wrapped up in each other's presence. It was only a matter of time before we got lost in each other again- especially since neither of us bothered with clothes, using the sheets instead as a replacement. I lay there cuddled up with him basking in the afterglow of another round of intimate activities. The heat radiating off his body was so cosy, and I felt so peaceful.

There was one good thing that came out of the fact that we couldn't stop talking sometimes- whether it be chatting back and forth, joking or bickering- we always had the best conversations.

"It's been too long Bels," he murmured, softly tousling his fingers in my hair.

"It has," I nodded, reminiscing about all our wonderful senior year memories. "I am definitely the best you've had." I stated boldly. I mean, if he felt an inkling of how I felt with our explosive chemistry, surely the sex was amazing for him too.

"Now if I admit that, I'm afraid you'll get a big head. And I happen to like the size of your head right now." He said cheekily, bopping the tip of my nose.

I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Well in a way you just admitted it."

"Okay fine, you are..." he finally said.

I smiled, pleased with the answer.

"...out of this year anyway."

My face dropped, as I gave him a shove. He guffawed loudly, pulling me back towards him. "Only kidding. Out of all the years combined, sex kitten." He winked. "Reow."

I shook my head amusedly, not sure whether to be offended, pleased, happy or swoon from the statement. That was the effect Kade had on me though. I wrapped my arms around his chest, resting my head in the space between his shoulder to cuddle.

"No one compares to you, Isobel." He pressed a kiss to my temple. I smiled, elated by the thought.

"You know, apparently there's like 7 other people in the world that look like me?" I mused humorously in thought. "And 7 others like you."

"Yeah I've heard that before. Isn't it creepy?You could mistake me for my doppelgänger."

"There's no way I could ever mistake you, your personality is too loud and unique." I chuckled. "Would you mistake me? What if I had a twin huh?"

He was in thought for a moment before his lips twisted into a sly grin. "That would be double the fun."

I scoffed at the typical response. "You dirty boy."

"I didn't even say anything!" He protested cheekily. "But anyway, your appearance is only one small part of you. I'm attracted to your wit, your strength, your vivacious and charming ways- unfortunately."

"Gee we really need to get better at giving compliments to each other," I chuckled. "Unfortunately? Excuse me but you are very fortunate to know me Whitley."

"I know, I know," he rolled his eyes before agreeing with a grin. "I'm the luckiest. I just keep thinking sometimes how crazy would it be if we never met." He pondered thoughtfully. "Like, just imagine if my mom never divorced my dad, met Bruce, I never moved and then never met Ollie. And then Ollie never met Soph. And if you never met Soph. Everything's like a domino effect, or a product of the circle of life."

"Wow..." I breathed. "Well when you put it that way, it is pretty crazy to think if one thing didn't happen, perhaps it wouldn't have lead to this moment right now."

"Yeah. Exactly. Therefore, you are so lucky to have met me." He winked playfully. "The odds and chances are limitless."

I giggled, "Sure sure, I guess at one point or another I might bump into your doppelgänger anyways, so maybe I'll be fine..." I teased.