Fifteen *

Flashback
- 6 years ago, Gramwood High -

Isobel P.O.V.

"William Shakespeare is arguably one of the greatest playmakers and writers in all of history. He's written countless of many well-known pieces; such as Romeo and Juliet, Much Ado About Nothing, Hamlet, The Taming of the Shrew and so on and so forth." Ms. Kentworth's voice droned on. I rested my chin down atop my folded arms on the desk. Heard this all before... "So this term we will be starting on one of his greatest; Macbeth- a tragedy that highlights the physical and psychological damage of greed for power and ambition..."

I glanced up at the clock, watching the second hand tick by. My mind began to drift off into a daydream of medieval times... brave, valiant knights on top of beautiful stallions, galloping across long stretches of rolling green hills, and up winding cement bridges towards a tall, grey castle in order to conquer the evil king and save the damsel in distress... there would be dragons and sorcerers, probably. Long, draping over-the-top dresses and an opulent masquerade ball's a must, that scene in Romeo and Juliet's totally iconic...

A light tap on the side of my head woke me from the fantasy I was concocting in my mind. I looked down to see a fallen paper ball. What? Who threw this at me? Sophie was sitting on my right listening intently to the teacher. I couldn't be bothered to listen right now- I've read Macbeth once before, so I'll review it whenever I needed to. I picked up the ball, just as another one hit me. Seriously? Maybe it was a note? I unfolded the paper to see that it was blank. Okay. Someone was throwing them at my head for fun. I turned around and frowned. Two rows back, Kade was sitting with his feet propped up on the desk, with one scrunched up paper ball in his hand. Should've known. I narrowed my eyes, daring him to throw another. He smirked, and proceeded to chuck it straight at me. I blinked as it hit me right on the forehead and bounced off.

Asshole.

I gathered all three pieces, and scrunched them all up into a larger ball and hurled it back at it him. He quickly dodged it, blocking it with his arm. I huffed, turning back around to the whiteboard. I took my notebook, flipped it open to the centre and ripped a handful of sheets out. I waited for a couple minutes, pretending to focus on Ms. Kentworth, so he didn't suspect anything. I was dead still, like a predator stalking his prey in the tall grasses of the African Savannah. At a random moment, I spun around in my seat and striked, throwing it at him with force. Smack. Right on the nose.

Bullseye!

I covered my mouth and giggled silently before returning my attention to the front.

Brringggg!

The sound of the bell marked the end of English. I shoved my books into my bag before racing out of there before Kade could catch me. I jogged down the hallway and made it to my locker, popping my books in safely. Just as I shut my door and turned around, Kade pinned me down with a devilish glint. I gasped as my back hit the cool metal.

"Where are you running off to?" he cocked an eyebrow, his hand firmly planted on my hip to keep me in place.

"Just super keen for lunch!" I responded as enthusiastically as possible, shuffling around to get out of his grip.

He chuckled, leaning in closer to whisper. "So, you're not scared?"

"Of what?" I crossed my arms over defensively. He was so close, the tiny hairs on my skin stood up on it's end.

"For my revenge."

"Geezus Is!" Sophie came over, hauling her bag in one arm. "You ran off so fast. Oh hi Kade. Huh. Is that why you were running off?"